The Guild of Beer Writers Awards are the only competition to recognise and reward writing and broader communication about beer and pubs in the UK. We are proud of our award scheme and take it seriously, with a rigorous judging process, a generous prize fund thanks to our sponsors and an awards presentation and dinner in December that has become one of the industry’s top ‘must attend’ events.
Find a full list of our 2007 Award Winners by category below.
Beer Writer of the Year 2007
- Alastair Gilmour
- Gold: Jonathan Ray, Freelance Drinks Writer and The Daily Telegraph
- Silver: Roger Protz, Freelance Beer Writer
- Gold: Alastair Gilmour, Newcastle Journal
- Silver: Duncan Brodie, East Anglian Times
- Gold: Adam Withrington, The Publican
- Silver: Christine Boggis, Off Licence News
- Fiona Beckett and Will Beckett
- Kate Prout, ITV News
- Adrian Tierney-Jones, Freelance Journalist
- Mike Powell-Evans, Adnams Brewery