You can find examples of my previous work here.
Guild Member Profile
- Full member
- Writer & audio/video maker
- South East
- Certificate in Creative Writing - University of Sussex
- General Certificate in Brewing - Institute of Brewing & Distilling
What is the one thing you'd like to tell visitors to the Guild's website?
I am the current Chair of the British Guild of Beer Writers.
I am a former Beer Writer of the Year (awarded in November 2018) and have also won a number of other awards from both the British Guild of Beer Writers and the North American Guild of Beer Writers.
I am a freelance writer, audio/video maker and podcast consultant and have worked for a number of clients including The Pub Show, CAMRA and the School of Booze. I have written for national and international publications including CAMRA’s Beer Magazine, Original Gravity & Pellicle.
What you can offer as a writer/beer lover?
- write about various aspects of beer and brewing;
- write about homebrewing (I am a prize-winning homebrewer);
- write and produce podcasts and audio/video material for breweries and other organisations in the beer and pub world;
- speak or educate around beer and brewing (I hold a qualification in teaching in higher education & am a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy);
- act as a consultant on various aspects of beer and brewing;
What do you like most about being a Guild of Beer Writers member?
I enjoy meeting other Guild members and staying updated with relevant happenings in the beer world. I also enjoy the events that the Guild organises – they’re great opportunities for learning and networking.