Guild Member Profile
- North West
- Beer judging experience eg CAMRA/SIBA competitions
- MSc in Brewing Science
- Institute of Brewing Examiner
- Institute of Brewing & Distilling: Fellow
- Institute of Brewing & Distilling: Master Brewer
- Studied brewing
- World Beer Cup Judge
- International Beer Challenge Judge
What is the one thing you'd like to tell visitors to the Guild's website?
Over 40 years practical brewing experience. Previous posts included Head Brewer of Boddingtons Brewery, Manchester and Stella Artois Brewmaster (UK) for Interbrew (AB-Inbev). Have written many technical articles for the ‘Brewer & Distiller’ the monthly magazine of the Institute of Brewing and Distilling
What you can offer as a writer/beer lover?
Practical brewing experience with global – craft breweries Knowledge of differing beer styles Beer recipe and process development Have judged the World Beer Cup, Great American Beer Festival, BIIA (Burton),
What do you like most about being a Guild of Beer Writers member?
Regular industry updates, very varied membership