Club Soda Mindful Drinking Festival 28th July
in association with Heineken® 0.0
Alcohol-Free Beer Tasting with Jane Peyton
Saturday 28th July
12pm until 1.15pm
Tasting Theatre above Patisserie Valerie
Spitalfields Market, London, E1
FREE (entry is on a first come first served basis)
Top beer sommelier Jane Peyton is headlining at this year’s Mindful Drinking Festival – and giving people a personal tour of the 10 alcohol-free beers featured at the event and available through online alcohol-free shop Wise Bartender.
As well as festival sponsors Heineken® 0.0, an audience of over 60 in the Wise Bartender tasting theatre and 10,000 festival goers will be able to taste, Nirvana, FitBeer, Big Drop Brewing. St Peter’s Brewery, Infinite Session, Braxzz and Jellani Beer. You can see more about the brands at the festival in our brand stories here.
The event comes on the back of the growth in popularity of alcohol-free beers in the UK and a growing number of homegrown brands. Sales of low and non-alcoholic beer grew by 20.5% over the 12 months to July 2017.
The Mindful Drinking Festival in association with Heineken® 0.0 will feature over 40 brands looking to make a big hit with their alcohol-free drinks, and is expected to attract over 10,000 fans, from the sober curious and parents-to-be, to foodies and fitness fanatics. The festival meets a growing curiosity for healthier low and no-alcohol drinks.
Expect to taste the best zero proof drinks on the scene with craft beers, wines, spirits, lower-sugar sodas and infusions, and expert mixologists creating tasty concoctions. The event will also feature:
Jane Peyton said:
“ Today is the most exciting time to be a beer drinker and that includes no alcohol beer. For the first time people who want the taste of beer but not the alcohol have a choice of brands from brewers who are brewing satisfying flavoursome beers. Alcohol-Free beer is the Craft Beer Revolution, the Sequel!’
Club Soda founders Laura Willoughby MBE and Dr Jussi Tolvi said:
“The most common request we get is for ideas about what to drink instead of alcohol, so we decided to curate our favourites and create a festival for everyone!
“The festival is great for those going sugar-free, on a fitness regime, drinking more mindfully, or going alcohol-free. There are many reasons why people may want to swap out a few alcoholic drinks for something a bit healthier.
“This event will give everyone a chance to try newly released products and find a new favourite tipple. It is the only festival where only the glasses get smashed.”
Other sponsors include new alcohol-free gin Ceder’s who will be launching at the festival (ceders-alt-gin.com), mixer giants Fever-Tree, and the UK’s most popular alcohol-free wine Eisberg.
The Club Soda Mindful Drinking Festival is hosted by Spitalfields Market on Saturday 28th July from 11am to 6pm.
Laura Willoughby MBE | email@example.com | 07968708703
- The country is sober curious: Almost a fifth of UK drinkers say they are cutting down their drinking behaviors right now – that’s over 7 million people! (Source: Drinkaware monitor 2017)
- A full press pack with everything you need for background, photos, case studies, facts and figures can be found here: https://mindfuldrinkingfestival.com/press – and pictures from last summer can be found here and are free to use.
- Wisebartender is an online alcohol-free shop with a wide range of alcohol-free beers from around the world – WiseBartender.co.uk
- What is Mindful Drinking? Hell, we are not stick in the muds! You could be on a diet, cutting down on booze, or just not drinking tonight, but still want to have something nice to pair with your meal. https://mindfuldrinkingfestival.com/mindful-drinking/
- Club Soda is a mindful drinking movement that helps people change their drinking, whether they want to do a sober sprint, drink more mindfully, or go alcohol-free. Visit co.uk – we are available for quotes, case studies, information and advice for your articles all year round.