Historic city centre pub the Lamb Inn is staging an Ale Festival to coincide with Norwich City of Ale, offering a selection of fine cask ales, sourced mainly from brewers in Norfolk and Suffolk.
The Festival will run from 23rd May to 2nd June in the Lamb Inn’s award-winning beer garden at the front of the pub in Ales have been selected by general managers Clive Hitchens and Michelle Gianadda-Hitchens with the aim of offering ‘ales for all tastes’.
Clive explained, “We wanted to make our Ale Festival an inclusive event that everyone can enjoy, whether they’re ale experts or still discovering cask beer. So we’ve spent time choosing a wide selection of beers, including some such as Adnam’s Broadside or Wolf’s Wolf in Sheep’s Clothing that will be well-known to local drinkers, as well as some less familiar names.
“Some of the Adnam’s ales we’ll be selling, such as Fat Sprat and Kristal White, will only be available in the Lamb and a couple of other Norwich pubs, so we’re expecting beer connoisseurs to make a beeline for them. Once they’re gone, they’re gone, so we recommend getting here early to be guaranteed a pint.”
All ales available at the Lamb for the Ale Festival will priced at £3.50 per pint. Food is served all day, with the choice of the pub’s extensive dining and bar food menus, or the Festival Barbecue in the courtyard, offering either Cumberland sausage ring, half chicken or spare ribs with a bun and three salads for £7.50.
And to entertain drinkers while they sup their ales, the Lamb has signed up some of Norwich’s folk music acts to play in the beer garden, including one-man band Jonny Walker. Music will be staged late afternoon-early evening on both Saturdays and Sundays of the Ale Festival.
Clive said, “We are delighted to be part of Norwich City of Ale for the first time. When we reopened the Lamb 18 months ago, we made cask ale a priority. We’re proud that we have developed our ale expertise to the point where we can hold our own Ale Festival showcasing such a great selection of local brewers and we look forward to welcoming ale drinkers from around the country to the Lamb and to Norwich.”
The complete list of ales on offer at the Lamb Inn Ale Festival is:
· Adnams: Broadside, Southwold, Ghost Ship, Gunhill, Fat Sprat, May Day, Kristal White, Explorer, Lighthouse.
· Wolf: Wolf in Sheep’s Clothing
· Bees: Honey
· Ole Slewfoot: Devils Dream
· Golden Triangle: Red Square
· Beeston: Worth The Wait
· Elmtree: Thirst for Victory
The Lamb Inn, Orford Place, Norwich, NR1 3RU
Telephone: 01603 625365
Opening hours: from 11.00 am daily, see website for closing times www.lambinn-norwich.co.uk
Caption: the beer garden at the Lamb Inn, Haymarket
Notes to editors:
- The Lamb Inn is part of managed pub group TCG, which has around 75 pubs and bars nationwide.
- The business has a strong foothold in London, with high-profile sites such as the flagship Tattershall Castle floating bar and restaurant on the Embankment.
· The estate stretches across the country from Aberdeen to Newquay, and from Cardiff to Norwich. It includes late night bars, community and sports locals, student venues and quality town centre pubs, as well as a number of trading formats, such as the Henry’s Café Bar brand, Eerie Pubs and the King’s Feast food concept.
* * * * *
Issued on behalf of: TCG
Further information: Ros Shiel: firstname.lastname@example.org / 07841 694137