12th July 2021: Stop what you’re doing: a UFO has been spotted over East London… and may, or may not crash land on 23rd June. We’ve heard it’s going to be beaming members of the public up into space. Six in 10 Brits think an alien invasion is inevitable, and now we know why…1 The thing is, this isn’t any UFO – it’s an unidentified friendly object, and it’s come from Beavertown Brewery.
Hosted at Dray Walk Gallery on ‘freedom weekend’, the 23rd and 24th July, Beavertown Brewery will be taking its love of all things space to the next level with an interactive UFO optical illusion and buzzing pop-up party, encouraging punters to come and take pictures of themselves being beamed up to space by a life-sized spaceship.
Using clever otherworldly illusion tricks to give the impression of floating above the ground, punters will have the chance to get creative with their abduction images for some pretty awesome Insta-worthy content. Once the winning shot has been snapped, abductees are encouraged to share their pictures on Instagram and Twitter and tag @BeavertownBeer for the chance to win a year’s supply of Beavertown beer.
That’s not all. Alongside the UFO installation, Beavertown is also hosting a vibey beer and music-filled pop-up party as part of its ‘friendly invasion’ at Dray Walk Gallery. Complete with free beer, awesome giveaways and a live DJ, the pop-up is the perfect place to grab a drink and spend some much needed time with mates after the past 18 months of lockdown restrictions.
So what are you waiting for? Grab your tin foil hat and head down to east London for the friendliest alien invasion the capital’s ever seen.
Friday 23rd July – 12:00-8:00pm
Saturday 24th July – 12:00-8:00pm
Dray Walk Gallery, 91 Brick Lane E1 6QL
Notes to Editors
1. Research conducted by Beavertown Brewery
Bevertown is dedicated to crafting high quality, innovative beers like Gamma Ray APA or Neck Oil SIPA that appeal to the thirsty masses, as well as more experimental brews from our Tempus Project. From brewing to branding, we believe in creativity in everything we do.
- At Beavertown, we believe beer is more than just a beer, it’s an experience. That’s why, pre-Covid, we hosted weekly Saturday taprooms to give people the chance to taste our carefully crafted beer in its natural habitat, our own Tottenham brewery. We’ll have more news on when our taproom is opening up soon.
- Now 9 years old, Beavertown began life on a 650L kit in a BBQ joint in Haggerston. The brewery in Tottenham Hale produces 5500L batches (or 9,000,000 pints a year) and our new home in Enfield – Beaverworld – will allow Beavertown to produce ten times this, a staggering 90,000,000 pints a year.
- The official craft beer of Tottenham Hotspur F.C., you can enjoy a crisp pint of your favourite Beavertown brew in our new taproom and microbrewery inside the stadium – the first of its kind.
- Winner of 3 gold medals at the International Beer Challenge for core range beers Gamma Ray & Neck Oil.
Press release from Beavertown Brewery