Badger Beer, brewed in Dorset since 1777, is launching its largest ever competition on 6 May.
Back to Earth with Badger will take place in Badger’s Dorset heartland over the summer months and gives 54 people the opportunity to win a camping weekend with friends in a stunning bespoke Badger bell tent at one of Dorset’s six most picturesque camping sites.*
Once selected, the 54 winners are also given a camping starter kit which includes some camping goodies, two cases of Badger beer and a voucher for a local Hall & Woodhouse pub. Competition winners also have the opportunity to take home the bespoke Badger bell tent worth £500.
Badger has also organised for its new Badger branded Type 2 Volkswagen camper van which has been converted into a mobile bar to visit the sites during the weekends, when beer on tap will be available for winners and other campsite residents to purchase.
The competition is live to entrants from 6th May via the Badger website and social platforms (Facebook and Instagram) and the available camping dates run from 5th July until 19th August across the six campsites with full terms and conditions available on entry. Each winner can take up to three guests for the weekend.
Sarah Pace, brand manager of Badger Beer, says: “We are extremely excited to be launching our sizeable outdoor competition in Badger’s heartland. A great deal of research has gone into our consumers’ most favoured outdoor pursuits and camping came out as a key favourite. We decided to focus on Dorset, home to Badger Beers, as we are fortunate enough to have an extensive array of stunning locations within the county which embrace areas of outstanding natural beauty, the coast and exceptional walks
“The sites were all selected within close proximity to a Hall & Woodhouse pub, where Badger is available exclusively on cask, to enable winners to experience Badger Beer to its full extent.”
Norden Farm Campsite, Wareham
Lytchett Manor Caravan & Camping Park, Lytchett Minster
Wilksworth Camping, Wimborne Minster
Wareham Forest Tourist Park, Wareham
Durdle Door, West Lulworth
For further information or photography please contact email@example.com or 07881 782262; or firstname.lastname@example.org or 07711 157655.
Notes to editors:
- Badger Beer has been brewed in the heart of the Dorset countryside since 1777 by the family-owned independent brewer Hall & Woodhouse. Hall & Woodhouse is well known for its range of award-winning beer brewed under the Badger brand and its network of public houses throughout the South of England. The brewery is now managed by the seventh generation of the Woodhouse family.
- The Legendary Tangle Foot (5% abv and 4.7% abv in cask format) is a deceptively drinkable golden ale, made from the finest English Flagon barley and Goldings and Challenger hops. The ale has a balanced flavour of crisp malt and subtle hops, with a delicate pear drop aroma.
- The Fursty Ferret (4.4% abv and 4.1% abv in cask format) is a morishly malty, amber ale. Its dark crystal malt delivers a full-bodied biscuit taste, rounded off with a subtle floral and lemon hop aroma.
- The Golden Champion (4.5% abv) is a bright golden ale with floral hints of elderflower. It is a light and refreshing ale with a crisp taste of summer.
- The Hopping Hare (4.4% abv) is a refreshing light hoppy ale. It is a marriage of aromatic citrus American Amarillo and Cascade hops and the finest English Flagon barley.
- The Cranborne Poacher (5.7% abv) is a bold, fruity, ruby ale. It uses crystal and chocolate malts to provide a full-bodied taste with sweet, complex flavours of damson and liquorice.
- The Blandford Fly (5.2% abv) is a uniquely sweet and spicy golden ale with a refreshingly different ginger taste which is offset with hints of sweet toffee.
- The Wicked Wyvern (5% abv) is a West Coast-style IPA which is brewed with Amarillo, Cascade and Mosaic hops. The beer has a flaring deep bronze colour and a citrus aroma of zesty grapefruit, a bitter hop character and a dry hoppy finish. It is available on keg within Hall & Woodhouse’s network of public houses across the South of England.
- Badger Beer is a member of SIBA, the Society of Independent Brewers. More information can be found at https://www.siba.co.uk
- For more information about Badger, please visit badgerbeers.com