Badger Beer, from Hall & Woodhouse, brewed in Dorset since 1777, is launching its first ever outdoor advertising campaign, which goes live nationally from 22 April. The campaign highlights the great taste and quality of the brand, to encourage trial of the award-winning characterful beers.*
The series of 48-sheet and 6-sheet adverts carry the strapline: ‘Whoever said you can’t buy great taste was lying’, and will feature across key roadside sites in both digital and non-digital format nationally, as part of Badger’s fully integrated media campaign for 2019. The adverts will also feature within Badger’s social media campaign launching at the same time.
Digital screens of the adverts will be positioned outside 60 Tesco stores nationally, featuring a bottle of Fursty Ferret. The 48-sheet landscape posters will feature Tangle Foot in 30 key urban sites nationally as well as 19 key roadside sites within Badger’s Dorset heartland. Six-sheet portrait posters featuring Tangle Foot will also be positioned in 16 national urban roadside locations.
The national roadside adverts will feature a Tangle Foot bottle whilst the Dorset adverts will feature a Tangle Foot bottle as well as a cask handle and pump clip. This will remind consumers that as well as being available throughout the off-trade, the beer is also served in Hall & Woodhouse’s network of public houses across the South of England. The Dorset adverts will carry the strapline: ‘Whoever said you can’t buy great taste hasn’t been to Dorset’.
Sarah Pace, Brand Manager at Badger Beer, says: “We are extremely excited to be launching our first ever outdoor campaign, which highlights the great taste and quality of our beers. The campaign will also build on the relaunch of our brand just 10 months ago and continue to grow brand awareness, both nationally and within our Dorset heartland. With this awareness-boosting campaign we aim to increase our rate of trial and ultimately our own base of loyal customers.
“Going live on 20 May, the campaign will also include sites at key railway stations within our heartland, featuring 48-sheet posters by the platforms and carrying the same strapline: ‘Whoever said you can’t buy great taste hasn’t been to Dorset’.” **
The outdoor adverts were designed by integrated agency Thinking Juice. Following the rebrand last May, the redesigned Badger Beer range is now outperforming the premium bottled ale market on a MAT basis, with the Tangle Foot bottle in particular faring extremely well, growing at an impressive 18% in value, year-on-year.***
Badger Beer has been brewed in the heart of the Dorset countryside since 1777 by the family-owned independent brewer Hall & Woodhouse. Hall & Woodhouse is well known for its range of award-winning beers brewed under the Badger brand and its network of public houses throughout the South of England. The brewery is now managed by the seventh generation of the Woodhouse family.
*Badger scooped its latest award last month at the International Beer Awards 2019, where The Fursty Ferret won bronze medal in the cask ale category (3.9%-4.3%).
**The railway stations include Bournemouth, Christchurch, Poole, Weymouth, Southampton Central, and Southampton Parkway.
*** Nielsen MAT to 23 February 2019, Premium Bottled Ale Total Market
For further information or imagery please contact email@example.com or 07881 782262; or firstname.lastname@example.org or 07711 157655
Notes to editors:
- The Badger range of characterful beer comprises:
- The Legendary Tangle Foot (5% abv and 4.7% abv in cask format) is a deceptively drinkable golden ale, made from the finest English Flagon barley and Goldings and Challenger hops. The ale has a balanced flavour of crisp malt and subtle hops, with a delicate pear drop aroma.
- The Fursty Ferret (4.4% abv and 4.1% abv in cask format) is a morishly malty, amber ale. Its dark crystal malt delivers a full-bodied biscuit taste, rounded off with a subtle floral and lemon hop aroma.
- The Golden Champion (4.5% abv) is a bright golden ale with floral hints of elderflower. It is a light and refreshing ale with a crisp taste of summer.
- The Hopping Hare (4.4% abv) is a refreshing light hoppy ale. It is a marriage of aromatic citrus American Amarillo and Cascade hops and the finest English Flagon barley.
- The Cranborne Poacher (5.7% abv) is a bold, fruity, ruby ale. It uses crystal and chocolate malts to provide a full-bodied taste with sweet, complex flavours of damson and liquorice.
- The Blandford Fly (5.2% abv) is a uniquely sweet and spicy golden ale with a refreshingly different ginger taste which is offset with hints of sweet toffee.
- The Wicked Wyvern (5% abv) is a West Coast-style IPA which is brewed with Amarillo, Cascade and Mosaic hops. The beer has a flaring deep bronze colour and a citrus aroma of zesty grapefruit, a bitter hop character and a dry hoppy finish. It is available on keg within Hall & Woodhouse’s network of public houses across the South of England.
- Badger Beer is a member of SIBA, the Society of Independent Brewers. More information can be found at https://www.siba.co.uk.
For more information about Badger, please visit www.badgerbeers.com