Badger Beer, from Hall & Woodhouse, brewed in Dorset since 1777, is launching a new seasonal beer, The Dorset Horn. The name Dorset Horn hails from the indigenous Dorset sheep breed, renowned for thriving in Badger Beer’s heartland, on the pastures of the southwest. It is known mostly for its prolific lambing, as it’s the only sheep breed that can breed all year round.
The Dorset Horn has an ABV of 4.2%, is a straw-coloured pale ale and is brewed with Fuggles hops which deliver a delicate floral aroma with a clean and refreshing yet full-bodied finish.
The beer is available on cask in select Hall & Woodhouse public houses across the south of England, from February until April 2019. The seasonal ale will be supported by PoS kits.
Toby Heasman, head brewer for Badger Beer, commented: “The Dorset Horn is a wonderfully pale refreshing beer with an acutely defined hop character. Fuggles hops are loaded towards the end of the boil in the Brewhouse to maximise the aroma and then additional Fuggles dry hops are carefully added to the fermenter to accentuate the floral hop notes. As a light beer it pairs very well with both fish and chicken dishes.”
In addition to The Dorset Horn, the Badger cask range comprises: The Legendary Tangle Foot, The Fursty Ferret and Badger Best Bitter, available exclusively in Hall & Woodhouse’s pub estate across the South of England. Tangle Foot, Fursty Ferret, Golden Champion, Hopping Hare, The Cranborne Poacher, and The Blandford Fly are also available in 500ml glass bottles. Tangle Foot and Fursty Ferret are available in 500ml cans. Badger also has a crafted beer called The Wicked Wyvern, available in 330ml cans and on keg in the Hall & Woodhouse estate.
For further information or photography please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 07881 782262; or email@example.com or 07711 157655.
Notes to editors:
• Badger Beer has been brewed in the heart of the Dorset countryside since 1777 by the family-owned independent brewer Hall & Woodhouse. Hall & Woodhouse is well known for its range of award-winning beer brewed under the Badger brand and its network of public houses throughout the South of England. The brewery is now managed by the seventh generation of the Woodhouse family.
• The Legendary Tangle Foot (5% abv and 4.7% abv in cask format) is a deceptively drinkable golden ale, made from the finest English Flagon barley and Goldings and Challenger hops. The ale has a balanced flavour of crisp malt and subtle hops, with a delicate pear drop aroma.
• The Fursty Ferret (4.4% abv and 4.1% abv in cask format) is a morishly malty, amber ale. Its dark crystal malt delivers a full-bodied biscuit taste, rounded off with a subtle floral and lemon hop aroma.
• The Golden Champion (4.5% abv) is a bright golden ale with floral hints of elderflower. It is a light and refreshing ale with a crisp taste of summer.
• The Hopping Hare (4.4% abv) is a refreshing light hoppy ale. It is a marriage of aromatic citrus American Amarillo and Cascade hops and the finest English Flagon barley.
• The Cranborne Poacher (5.7% abv) is a bold, fruity, ruby ale. It uses crystal and chocolate malts to provide a full-bodied taste with sweet, complex flavours of damson and liquorice.
• The Blandford Fly (5.2% abv) is a uniquely sweet and spicy golden ale with a refreshingly different ginger taste which is offset with hints of sweet toffee.
• The Wicked Wyvern (5% abv) is a West Coast-style IPA which is brewed with Amarillo, Cascade and Mosaic hops. The beer has a flaring deep bronze colour and a citrus aroma of zesty grapefruit, a bitter hop character and a dry hoppy finish
• Badger Beer is a member of SIBA, the Society of Independent Brewers. More information can be found at https://www.siba.co.uk.
• For more information about Badger, please visit www.badgerbeers.com