Be Inclusive Hospitality today announces the release of its Impact Report 2020-2022. Their first Impact Report outlines the social enterprise’s work, including free scholarship programs, education for hospitality leaders, and partner collaborations. Be Inclusive Hospitality is committed to adopting a multi-pronged approach to accelerate race equity throughout the hospitality sector.
“Launching a not-for-profit amidst a global pandemic was no mean feat, and so now felt like the right time to release our first Impact Report, in reflection of how far we have come, and how far we are yet to go.
Over the past 2.5 years we have built a predominantly UK-wide diverse community of partners, funders, and members who have all been instrumental in our social impact to-date. My hope is that this report provides insightful transparency and encourages more people and businesses across the sector to join us to accelerate change in 2023 and beyond” said Lorraine Copes, CEO & Founder.
Some of the highlights from the Impact Report 2020-2022 include:
Professional Development and Wellbeing
Core to the Be Inclusive Hospitality social impact is the delivery of programs to support the professional development and wellbeing of the community.
- The Elevate Mentorship Scheme has supported 68 mentees with over 400 hours of mentorship. A total of 40% of mentees have reported to have accessed promotions, new jobs, and business opportunities whilst on the scheme.
- Club Thrive has provided 33 scholarships in food, wine, and spirits, along with mentorship, and peer to peer networks forged.
- BIH Spotlight Awards, attracted 450 nominations, resulting in 44 finalists being recognised in both national and regional press. With 13 worthy winners, the glitzy awards attracted 60 press features, with a total circulation audience of 16.6 million.
Educational Tools and Resources
Be Inclusive Hospitality recognises the influential role of hospitality leaders and industry organisations in driving change. Be Inclusive Hospitality is the only specialist research and training provider within the sector.
- Commissioning 3 comprehensive industry reports, designed to provide insights to inform action. Ethnic Minorities in Hospitality (2020), and Inside Hospitality Report (2021,2022)
- Delivered over 100 hours of learning for 949 hospitality leaders, centring topics Talking About Race, Allyship, Bias and Inclusive Leadership.
Partnering to deliver equitable outcomes
Be Inclusive Hospitality partners with businesses who are determined to build a more equitable industry. Some partnerships have included:
- Black Business Fund – partnering with Uber Eats and Enterprise Nation, providing £300,000 of funding and mentorship to entrepreneurs over a two-year period.
- Taste of London – consulting to expand diversity at the event with the introduction of West African and Caribbean restaurants. The festival attracts over 46,5000 visitors over a 5-day period.
- Seat at the Table Fund – partnering with Mars Foods Ben’s Original to devise and deliver a program providing 15 funded scholarships to Black chefs.
For more insights, download the full Impact Report here.
About Be Inclusive Hospitality
Be Inclusive Hospitality (BIH) is a not-for-profit organisation, founded by Lorraine Copes in 2020 to build a thriving community to accelerate race equity within hospitality, food, and drink. The overarching goal is to support the upward social mobility of 10,000 employees and 20,000 entrepreneurs from ethnic minority backgrounds by 2026.
Press release from Be Inclusive Hospitality.
For frutehr information, please contact Lorraine Copes, Founder via firstname.lastname@example.org.