- British brewery to help Londoners stay cool as temperatures hit highs of 30 degrees
- Beavertown will be targeting London underground stations on Sunday, 17th July
- Spot the Beavertown crew outside stations on Sunday from 12PM to grab a free ice-cold beer
With temperatures sky-rocketing this weekend, Beavertown Brewery is set to save the day by giving out hundreds of free ice-cold beers to Londoners at some of the capital’s hottest tube stations on Sunday, 17th July.
Central London can be hard in a heatwave, and temperatures on the tube can be pretty unbearable. In July 2020, the Bakerloo line reached temperatures of 30 degrees, with the central line coming second at 29 degrees and the Victoria line hitting 27 degrees.
So while Beavertown can’t beam down aircon to the underground’s hottest carriages, it can help commuters cool down with an ice-cold can of one of their famous beers.
Londoners can look out for Beavertown at Tottenham Court Road, Green Park and Marble Arch stations on 17th July between the 12 – 4 pm. They’ll be giving out a selection of beers including Nanobot (2.8%), a light, crisp super session IPA and Lazer Crush, Beavertown’s alcohol free IPA, that’s a heavyweight on flavour, despite its featherweight ABV.
A spokesperson at Beavertown said, ‘Temperatures are sky-rocketing this summer and we’ve been feeling the heat as much as the next person. As a London-based brewery, we’re well aware that the underground is the stuffiest place to be on a normal day, let alone a heatwave, which is why we knew we had to do something about it. If you’re commuting this weekend, keep an eye out for our crew – we’ll be at the hottest tube stops handing out ice-cold cans to keep you cool.’
Notes to Editors
Beavertown is dedicated to crafting high quality, innovative beers like Gamma Ray APA or Neck Oil SIPA that appeal to the thirsty masses, as well as more experimental brews from our Tempus Project. From brewing to branding, we believe in creativity in everything we do.
- Now 10 years old, Beavertown began life on a 650L kit in a BBQ joint in Haggerston. The brewery in Tottenham Hale produces 5500L batches (or 9,000,000 pints a year) and our home in Enfield – Beaverworld – produces ten times this, a staggering 90,000,000 pints a year.
- The official craft beer of Tottenham Hotspur F.C., fans can enjoy a crisp pint of their favourite Beavertown brew in our taproom and microbrewery inside the stadium – the first of its kind.
- In 2021, Beavertown opened the doors to its first-ever pub, Corner Pin, at the brewery’s home in Tottenham. Popping with vibrant blasts of colour, iconic Beavertown designs and with a menu featuring the whole range of Beavertown’s out-of-this-world beers, Corner Pin encompasses everything that makes the brand unique, bringing all of its creativity and curiosity to the new north London location.
- Winner of 3 gold medals at the International Beer Challenge for core range beers Gamma Ray & Neck Oil.
|Press release from Beavertown
For further press information or to request samples, please contact email@example.com