As the ‘vaccine against virus’ race intensifies across the UK, workforce management specialist Bizimply is launching a fundraising drive to support UNICEF’s ‘Get a Vaccine, Give a Vaccine’ campaign.
Bizimply has donated the €3000 it usually spends on Christmas cards and gifts to the campaign, and is aiming to raise a further €3000 from its network of customers, suppliers and industry friends, with awareness-raising activity running across its digital platforms and social media. Donations can be made via the Bizimply/Unicef Go Fund Me page.
Bizimply CEO Conor Shaw said: “Covid has had a devastating impact on the UK hospitality sector over the past 20 months, but the successful vaccination roll out has helped us to bounce back from previous lockdowns and should mitigate against the Omicron variant.
“However, if the pandemic has taught us anything, it’s that the virus has no respect for national borders and, to quote UNICEF, no one is safe until we are all safe. By helping UNICEF to deliver vaccines in some of the world’s poorest countries, not only are we bringing vital relief to those communities, we’re also protecting ourselves and hopefully ending the cycle of on-off lockdowns.
“We can’t think of a better cause to support this Christmas and hope it results in a less disrupted festive season for us all in 2022.”
UNICEF works in the world’s toughest places to reach the most disadvantaged children and adolescents – and to protect the rights of every child, everywhere. Across more than 190 countries and territories, UNICEF does whatever it takes to help children survive, thrive and fulfil their potential, from early childhood to adolescence.
Notes to editors:
Bizimply is an All-In-One People Solution that enhances the way shift oriented businesses are managed. Bizimply allows its customers to manage their employee scheduling, time and attendance, frontline people management and shift reporting across multiple locations. The company is based in Dublin, and works across Ireland and the UK. Customers include:
In the UK
- Daisy Green: 13 informal, all-day dining venues across London
- Dominion Hospitality: group of 24 pubs and hotels in the south of England
- East London Pub Company: group of four pubs in London
- Five Guys (Northern Ireland): restaurant/delivery business offering freshly-made burgers
- Causeway Hospitality: 7-strong group (3 bars, 3 hotels, one nightclub) employing 150 staff
- Hook & Ladder: café with culinary school and furniture/ accessory store. Six venues employing 100 staff.
- Kay’s Kitchen: nine venues in Dublin
- Bodytonic: nine bars with 140 staff
Press release issued on behalf of Bizimply www.bizimply.com
Ros Shielros@shielporter.com / 07841 694137
John Porterjohn@shielporter.com/ 07734 054389