Badger Beer, from Hall & Woodhouse, brewed in Dorset since 1777, is announcing the return of its popular seasonal ale for the summer, Brewer’s Bee.
Brewer’s Bee is a classic golden tawny brew containing real honey which comes through in the floral aroma. The beer has light hop notes and a biscuity backdrop, with an ABV of 4.4%.
Badger will donate 5p from every pint sold to Dorset Wildlife Trust’s summer campaign ‘Get Dorset Buzzing’. The donation is called out on a ‘flying bee’ attached to all pump clips within participating Hall & Woodhouse pubs.
Dorset Wildlife Trust’s summer campaign focuses on the plight of declining pollinators by asking everyone in Dorset to do at least one thing in their garden to help bees.
The pump clip insert has been inspired by a traditional wooden firkin of beer but with a black and yellow striped design, representing a bee. In addition, the Dorset roundel is visible which hails Badger’s provenance and authenticity.
The beer is available exclusively on cask in select Hall & Woodhouse public houses across the south of England, from May until July 2019.
Sarah Pace, brand manager for Badger Beer, says: “We are delighted to be bringing back our popular Brewer’s Bee seasonal ale for the summer. With its floral honey aroma and light hop notes it works extremely well as a light, refreshing, summer ale both on its own and with food.
“The beer was first launched in 2013 and fared exceptionally well and as corporate sponsors of the Dorset Wildlife Trust, we thought it the perfect time to bring it back to support the ‘Get Dorset Buzzing’ campaign.”
In addition to Brewer’s Bee, the Badger cask range comprises: The Legendary Tangle Foot, The Fursty Ferret and Badger Best Bitter, available exclusively in Hall & Woodhouse’s pub estate across the South of England. Tangle Foot, Fursty Ferret, Golden Champion, Hopping Hare, The Cranborne Poacher, and The Blandford Fly are also available in 500ml glass bottles. Tangle Foot and Fursty Ferret are available in 500ml cans. Badger also has a crafted IPA called The Wicked Wyvern, available on keg in the Hall & Woodhouse estate.
For further information or photography please contact email@example.com or 07881 782262; or firstname.lastname@example.org or 07711 157655. For more information about Exact PR please visit www.exactpr.co.uk.
Notes to editors:
- Badger Beer has been brewed in the heart of the Dorset countryside since 1777 by the family-owned independent brewer Hall & Woodhouse. Hall & Woodhouse is well known for its range of award-winning beer brewed under the Badger brand and its network of public houses throughout the South of England. The brewery is now managed by the seventh generation of the Woodhouse family.
- The Legendary Tangle Foot (5% abv and 4.7% abv in cask format) is a deceptively drinkable golden ale, made from the finest English Flagon barley and Goldings and Challenger hops. The ale has a balanced flavour of crisp malt and subtle hops, with a delicate pear drop aroma.
- The Fursty Ferret (4.4% abv and 4.1% abv in cask format) is a morishly malty, amber ale. Its dark crystal malt delivers a full-bodied biscuit taste, rounded off with a subtle floral and lemon hop aroma.
- The Golden Champion (4.5% abv) is a bright golden ale with floral hints of elderflower. It is a light and refreshing ale with a crisp taste of summer.
- The Hopping Hare (4.4% abv) is a refreshing light hoppy ale. It is a marriage of aromatic citrus American Amarillo and Cascade hops and the finest English Flagon barley.
- The Cranborne Poacher (5.7% abv) is a bold, fruity, ruby ale. It uses crystal and chocolate malts to provide a full-bodied taste with sweet, complex flavours of damson and liquorice.
- The Blandford Fly (5.2% abv) is a uniquely sweet and spicy golden ale with a refreshingly different ginger taste which is offset with hints of sweet toffee.
- The Wicked Wyvern (5% abv) is a West Coast-style IPA which is brewed with Amarillo, Cascade and Mosaic hops. The beer has a flaring deep bronze colour and a citrus aroma of zesty grapefruit, a bitter hop character and a dry hoppy finish.
- Badger Beer is a member of SIBA, The Society of Independent Brewers https://www.siba.co.uk
- Badger Beers are corporate sponsors of The Dorset Wildlife Trust.
- For more information about Badger, please visit www.badgerbeers.com