‘We are here to support our local communities, to the best of our ability’ — Philip Turner, founder of Chestnut
Chestnut pubs, inns and restaurants are remaining open, with appropriate precautions, however they have launched a NEW take-away option for guest, to continue to serve loyal customers, local communities, people who may not be able to visit and are in self-isolation…
Chestnut is doing everything they can to make sure that they remain a safe environment for both of their team and guests and following government guidelines and asks their customers to take care and stay at home when feeling ill.
If you are unable to visit, Chestnut has created a new take-away option that guests are either able to collect from the pub, or if you are staying at Chestnut, they can deliver directly to your room.
The food options will be slightly reduced, but the food will still all be home-made by their brilliant chefs and as delicious as if you were dining in their restaurants. Menus and prices are ready to view on each property website and will be available during current opening hours, with last orders at 8.30pm.
The Ship – Fish & Chips £12.50
The Northgate – Salad boxes £9, Slow cooked venison stew £11
The Packhorse Inn – Beef burger £13.50, Wild mushroom risotto £13.50
Chestnut believes they have an important role to play in these uncertain times. So whether they can provide fresh air and a safe haven away, or simply a home cooked meal you can eat in the comfort of your own home, Chestnut hopes we can all support each other in these difficult times.
Notes to the editors
Chestnut’s collection of pubs, inns and restaurants includes The Packhorse Inn in Moulton near Newmarket, The Rupert Brooke in Grantchester on the outskirts of Cambridge, The Northgate in Bury St Edmunds, The Black Lion in Long Melford, The Westleton Crown in Westleton, The Ship at Dunwich, The Eight Bells in Saffron Walden, The Weeping Willow in Barrow, The Three Blackbirds in Woodditton, The Crown in Stoke-by-Nayland and The Globe Inn in Wells-next-to-the-sea.
- The Packhorse Inn, Bridge Street, Moulton, Suffolk CB8 8SP www.thepackhorseinn.com
- The Rupert Brooke, 2 Broadway, Grantchester CB3 9NQ www.therupertbrooke.com
- The Northgate, Northgate Street, Bury St. Edmunds IP33 1HP www.thenorthgate.com
- The Black Lion, The Green, Long Melford, Suffolk CO10 9DN www.theblacklionlongmelford.com
- The Ship, St James Street, Dunwich, Nr Southwold, Suffolk, IP17 3DT www.shipatdunwich.co.uk
- The Westleton Crown, The Street, Westleton, Nr Southwold, Suffolk IP17 3AD www.westletoncrown.co.uk
- The Weeping Willow, Bury Road, Barrow, Bury St Edmunds IP29 www.theweepingwillow.co.uk
- The Eight Bells, 18 Bridge Street, Saffron Walden, CB10 1BU www.theeightbellssaffronwalden.com
- The Crown, Stoke-by-Nayland, Suffolk, CO6 4SE www.crowninn.net
- The Three Blackbirds, 36 Ditton Green, Woodditton, CB8 9SQ www.threeblackbirds.co.uk
- The Globe Inn, Wells-next-the-sea, Norfolk NR23 1EU www.theglobewells.co.uk
For further information, contact Anni <firstname.lastname@example.org>