Curious Brewing has been hailed the ‘UK Brewer of the Year’ at the prestigious International Beer Challenge 2019.
The Kent-based brewer, owned by England’s leading wine producer Chapel Down, beat stiff competition to take home the award after being judged by a panel of 70 industry experts including brewers, journalists, retailers and flavour experts.
Earlier this month Curious Brewing also won Gold in the Lager Taste Category for its flagship premium lager Curious Brew at the World Beer Awards 2019.
Gareth Bath, Managing Director Curious Brewing, said, “This is unbelievable and amazing for us. We are currently a small player in the UK beer market, but we’ve now been judged to be the best brewer in the entire country! We’re thrilled!
“We’ve always believed our unique winemaker’s approach creates delicious, premium brews, but it’s something else to win an internationally recognised award to validate it. This is huge for us and I couldn’t be prouder of the talented team that we’ve built and who have helped bring this home.
“The next step for our talented Head Brewer Matt Anderson and our brilliant team of master brewers will be to continue to refine our range and significantly widen our distribution across pubs, restaurants and retailers so more people can taste our wonderful beer.”
The award wins come on the back of what has been a momentous year for Curious Brewing. Not only did 2019 see the opening of its state-of-the art, multi-million pound ‘cathedral of brewing’ in the heart of Ashford, Kent, but this year will also see a complete rebranding of Curious Brewing’s core range of beer and cider, with new bottles launching this Autumn.
For further information and images please contact Well Hello Communications:
Jess@wellhellocomms.co.uk / 07967 389 705
Dominique@wellhellocomms.co.uk / 07949 277 229
Notes to Editors:
Highlights of this year’s awards received by Curious Brewing include:
- Curiouser & Curiouser Chapter I: Gold Medal, International Beer Challenge 2019
- Curiouser & Curiouser Chapter II ‘Barrel Aged’: Gold Medal, International Beer Challenge 2019
- Curiouser & Curiouser Chapter II ‘Barrel Aged’: UK Country Winner Saison, World Beer Awards 2019
- Curiouser & Curiouser Chapter III ‘The Arts’: Design Gold Medal, International Beer Challenge 2019
- Curious Brew: Gold Medal, World Beer Awards 2019
About Curious Brewing
Launched in 2011, Curious Brewing is a range of premium beers and cider produced using winemaking expertise. The range comprises:
- Curious Brew: Lager re-fermented with Champagne yeast with a clean, fruity and fragrant finish
- Curious IPA: A triple hopped and distinctive IPA with a balanced, zesty and refreshing finish
- Curious Apple: Fully ripe hand-picked Kentish apples fermented with Bacchus wine yeast resulting in a cleaner, crisper and fresher cider
Curious Brewing beers and cider are listed nationally in Majestic, Waitrose and Tesco, as well as in many of the UK’s finest restaurants and bars
- Curious Brewing is the official beer and cider supplier to the Donmar Warehouse and London Symphony Orchestra, its products are also served at The National Portrait Gallery, Royal Festival Hall and the Southbank Centre.
- In 2019, Curious Brewing opened a new custom-built, state-of-the-art brewery in Ashford, Kent. The custom-built brewery is open to the public for guided tours and will includes a shop, restaurant and bar.
- Curious Brewing is the headline sponsor of the Curious Arts Festival.
About Chapel Down
- Chapel Down is England’s leading wine producer with an award-winning range of sparkling and still wines, along with the hugely popular Curious Brewery range of beer and cider.
- In early September 2018 Chapel Down Group announced agreement to lease additional 388 acres of land on the North Downs. The site will create the biggest single vineyard in England and will take Chapel Down’s total vined area to more than 950 acres, further cementing the company’s role as the UK’s biggest winemaker.
- Chapel Down wines are listed in many of the UK’s finest restaurants and supported by leading chefs, such as Gordon Ramsay and Jamie Oliver. The range is also available through Waitrose, Sainsbury’s, Tesco, Majestic, Marks & Spencer and Booths.
- Chapel Down is the Official Wine of the Oxford and Cambridge Boat Race, official wine supplier to 10 Downing Street and is an official partner to the Royal Opera House, the Donmar Warehouse and the London Symphony Orchestra.
- Chapel Down owns the largest vineyard (115 acres) in Kent; the Kit’s Coty estate on the North Downs, while also sourcing grapes from a further 13 vineyards across the South East of England.