Deuchars IPA is set to satisfy the thirst of festival-goers once again as it toasts a three-year renewal of its support of the world’s biggest arts festival – the Edinburgh Festival Fringe.
Brewed by Caledonian Brewery, Deuchars IPA will again be ‘the ale of the Fringe’ and available in cask in Edinburgh’s quality pubs and some venues during the 2013 – 2015 events, which will attract millions of sightseers from all corners of the globe.
This year, there will be an on and offline campaign in a bid to interact with locals and tourists to complement the strong presence in the capital through the Deuchars IPA branded signage in over 250 venues during August.
Stephen Crawley, Managing Director of Caledonian Brewery, said:
“We’re really pleased to announce a further three year deal with the Fringe. We have been major supporters of the event since 2010. Having a world event in your home city makes the potential connection kind of obvious! We really value our associations with Edinburgh and both organisations are proud of their blend of history and modernity.
“The partnership is a fantastic route to current Caledonian Brewery drinkers and Fringe fans who are new to Deuchars IPA, especially those from south of the border. Our aim is to do our bit to ensure visitors and locals have fond Festival memories by sampling at least a glass of our flagship ale.
“Over the next three years we look forward to more tourists discovering and more locals enjoying a Deuchars IPA or two, whilst discussing the merits of the shows, which combined, make the Fringe such a brilliant event.”
Deuchars IPA has excited the industry and fuelled the Scottish ale renaissance and is a favourite amongst the likes of author Ian Rankin, Inspector Rebus and comedian Russell Kane. Its combination of taste and refreshment is delicious and slightly citrus, without being too bitter.
Brewed by hand in Caledonian Brewery’s original Victorian brewhouse, the malt infusion and hop flowers are combined in Britain’s last remaining direct-fired open coppers, resulting in a beautifully, balanced flavour.
Kath M Mainland, Chief Executive of the Edinburgh Festival Fringe Society, said:
“The 2013 Edinburgh Festival Fringe promises to be the most exciting yet. Thousands of performers will visit the city this August, as well as audience members from across the world. The Edinburgh Festival Fringe Society will be here to support them all and help them to enjoy every second of the festival.
“We are proud to continue our partnership with Deuchars IPA and are incredibly grateful for their continued sponsorship of the Fringe venue boards and maps, which help residents and visitors navigate their way around the city, making their experience of the festival even more enjoyable.”
In addition, as one of the main Fringe sponsors, this year, Deuchars IPA has a partnership with The List magazine – one of the key guides to the Fringe Festival. The association aims to maximise festival-goers’ time spent in Edinburgh throughout the month of August.
Issued on behalf of Deuchars IPA by threebrand.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT:
Gillian Hamilton at threebrand on 0131 454 2030 / 07734 656676 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Lisa Addie at threebrand on 0131 454 2030 / email@example.com
Notes to Editor:
- Deuchars IPA (India Pale Ale) was first brewed in 1991 by Caledonian Brewery on Slateford Road, which was built in 1869, when Edinburgh was one of the foremost brewing centres in the world. This was due to the abundant supply of barley and mineral rich water from Edinburgh’s ‘Charmed Circle’ of brewery wells.
- Caledonian Brewery is the only survivor of over 40 breweries that operated in Edinburgh during the 19th century (although a number of independent breweries have opened in the surrounding area in recent years).
- Deuchars IPA is a fantastic combination of taste and refreshment – delicious and slightly fruity without being too bitter
- In a 2012 regional pole – 30 Days of IPA – Deuchars was voted no 1 IPA.
- Winner of multi awards, Deuchars IPA was named CAMRA’s Supreme Champion Beer of Britain in 2002 and Best Cask Ale at the Brewing Industry International Awards in 2005.
- Caledonian Brewery’s nominated charity is Royal Blind.
threebrand Boat 1502U The Shore Leith Edinburgh EH6 6QW
call: +44 (0)131 454 2030 mobile: +44 (0)7908312581