Ei Publican Partnerships has announced a Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) support package, worth nearly £300,000, for its pubs ahead of reopening.
Each pub will receive a free PPE starter kit, which will comprise disposable masks, disposable gloves, hand sanitiser and rolls of black/yellow self-adhesive floor tape.
In advance of the publication of the Government’s COVID-19 Secure Workplace Guidance for Pubs and Restaurants, this is just one of many proactive support initiatives for its pubs and publicans that Stonegate Pub Company, owner of Ei Publican Partnerships, has announced.
Nick Light, Managing Director of Ei Publican Partnerships, said: “The safety and wellbeing of our publicans is most paramount. This additional £280,000 investment in PPE is just one of the many ways we are making sure our pubs can reopen from lockdown in a safe and sustainable manner whilst providing an enjoyable experience for customers.”
Earlier this month, Ei Publican Partnerships announced the launch of Round, a bespoke contactless ordering app across the estate to safeguard both publicans and customers alike.
They also recently announced a multi-million-pound financial support package for their businesses with all tied publicans operating on substantive agreements, that are not in receipt of Government grants, receiving a three-month rent credit for the period April to June.
To further support those publicans who are entitled to grants of between £10,000 and £25,000, and to enable them to restart their business with confidence and ease cash flow, trade credits of either 75% or 50% of the value of three months’ rent are also being provided. Tie release fees have also been cancelled along with May’s planned price rise on tied products delivered to pubs.
Contact Joanne Steward [email@example.com]
NOTES TO EDITORS
About Stonegate Pub Company
Following the acquisition of Ei Group on 3rd March 2020 for £1.27bn, Stonegate Pub Company is the largest pub company in the UK. Its portfolio is comprised of 1270 sites within the managed division and 3,200 leased and tenanted businesses.
The managed pubs division, which employs 17,000 people, is split into Branded and Traditional pubs. Branded is comprised of: Slug & Lettuce, Walkabout, Be At One and Venues. Traditional (unbranded) pubs is made up of: Proper Pubs, Town Pub & Kitchen, Classic Inns, Common Room, Craft Union and Bermondsey Pubs.
- REBA Employee Wellbeing Awards – Best New Wellbeing Strategy (5000+ staff)
- Publican Awards – Best Pub Employer (501+ employees)
- Publican Awards – Best Community Operator (Craft Union)
- BII’s National Innovation in Training Awards (NITAs): HR Manager of the Year – Lee Woolley
- CGA Insight Hero and Icon Awards (two awards): Icon Award – Ian Payne MBE, Business Leader, Simon Longbottom
- UK Hospitality’s Dusk ‘til Dawn Late Night Awards (two awards) – Icon Award (Ian Payne MBE), Best Marketing and Promotions Award
- Great British Pub Awards – Best LGBTQ+ Pub
- BII Scotland Awards – Best Operator for Training
- Retailers’ Retailer of the Year (two awards): Lifetime Achievement Award – Ian Payne MBE, Investor of the Year – TDR Capital
- Menu Innovation & Development Awards (MIDAS) (two awards): Best Menu – Premium High Street Pub: Slug & Lettuce; Best Menu – Town & City Pub: Walkabout
- Publican Awards (five awards): Best Community Pub Operator, Best Pub Employer (501+ employees), Best Managed Pub Company (51+ sites), Best Drinks Offer, Business Leader of the Year – Chief Executive, Simon Longbottom
- British Beer & Pub Association (BBPA) – Chairman’s Award
- UK Hospitality’s Dusk ‘til Dawn Late Night Awards: Best Service & Team
- Licensed Trade Charity: Outstanding Corporate Contribution Award
- Great British Pub Awards (two awards): Best LGBTQ+ and Best Sports Pub
- APPBG PUBAID Corporate Charity Fundraiser Award
- Publican Awards: Best Late Night Operator
- Great British Pub Awards (three awards): Best Pub Garden, Best Entertainment and Best Sports Pub
- Publican Awards (two awards): Best Managed Pub Company; Best Late Night Operator, plus highly commended – Best Employer 501+ employees
- Menu Innovation and Development Award (MIDAS): Premium High Street Pub – Town Pub & Kitchen
- Retailers’ Retailer Award: Investor of the Year – TDR Capital
- BII National Industry Training Awards (NITAs) (two awards): Best Managed Company for Training; Lifetime Achievement Award for Chairman, Ian Payne
- Great British Pub Awards: Best Sports Pub
- Scottish Training Federation: Best Large Employer
- HR Excellence Awards: Best Learning and Development Strategy
- HR Distinction Awards: Innovation for Digital & Social Media
- HR Distinction Awards: People Development
- HR Distinction: Innovative Use of Technology
- Publican Awards: Business Leader of the Year, Chairman Ian Payne
- Menu Innovation and Development Award (MIDAS): Best New Concept Missoula, Montana Bar & Grill
- Publican Award – Best Pub Employer 51+ sites
- Menu Innovation and Development Award (MIDAS): City and Bar Dining – Slug and Lettuce