TRANSATLANTIC FRIENDSHIP HERALDS A BREWING COUP FOR SHEFFIELD’S NEWEST BREWERY
On Wednesday 2nd April 2019 three brewers (André, Luc & Micho) from Le Trou Du Diable in Shawinigan, Quebec will be brewing a triptych Pilsner with their friend Alex Barlow, Head Brewer at Triple Point in Sheffield.
Surprisingly for such an accomplished brewery, this is not just their first UK collaboration but their first UK visit full stop. Le Trou Du Diable, which translates as “the Devil’s pot” was established in 2005 and has won over 115 International awards for their beers, notably at World Beer Cup, European Beer Star and World Beer Awards.
Alex and André became firm friends after meeting at the Mondial de la Biere in Strasbourg in 2010 and have brewed together previously in Quebec, on that occasion a more modest 4.0% Mild and a 7% Ruby Mild aged and soured in red wine barrels were on the agenda. This time around, with both brewers keen on experimenting with lager styles, they will be brewing an Oat Pilsner with French Aramis and Strisselspalt hops, which will be split after fermentation to create a triptych of beers.
“We wanted to start a barrel program, so what better way” said Barlow, who added “the Canadian influence is not just provided by our three collaborators, we’re kräusening the barrel-aged beers with Maple syrup. André has sent us a sour Saison to act as a starter culture for one variant, so we’ll end up with three quite different beers”.
André, Luc & Micho will be on hand from 4PM Wednesday to meet interested consumers, trade customers and journalists, and talk through the 8 beers, four draught and four bottled they brought for Triple Point’s very first guest Tap Takeover. Please join us any time from 9am for the brewday itself, or for the tasting later.
- Triple Point opened in December 2018 on the former site of Sentinel Brewing Co.
- Le Trou Du Diable is one of Canada’s foremost craft brewers, having opened in 2005 they were bought by Six Points in 2018
- Alex’ last collaboration with LTDD ‘Lord Barlow’ scores 95 on Rate Beer and will form part of the Tap Takeover range
- More info on Le Trou Du Diable: https://troududiable.com/
- For further information or comment contact:+447783555335 email@example.com