Brand new to Green Man 2013 their very own beer & cider festival plus beer tasting trip and festival ticket competition
Green Man has shared his love of tasty food and drink for years but now he is stepping things up by launching his very own beer festival, located in the relaxed surroundings of our gothic Victorian Courtyard.
We can’t get enough of all the amazing brews available locally, so we have brought an unrivalled choice of 99 ales, ciders and perries from 21 different Welsh brewers and producers to the Real Ale and Cider Bar in the Courtyard at Green Man 2013 .
As usual all our bars will be serving our very own Green Man Growler Ale from the Wye Valley Brewery, alongside our house cider (Weston’s Stowford Press) and house lager (Dortmunder Union Vier) all for an unchanged £3.80 a pint.
Win a beer tasting trip and two tickets to Green Man 2013!
To win a brilliant beer tasting trip for you and a friend and two tickets to this year’s festival, simply complete the following: ‘I love beer and cider because…’
To enter tweet your answer to @GreenManFest or post it on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/
The Beer & Cider festival will have drinks from the following brewers and producers: Blaengawney Cider, Brains, Brecon Beacon Ciders, Brecon Brewing, Conway Brewing Company, Great Orme Brewery, Gwynt y Ddraig, Monty’s Brewery, Otley Brewing Company, Palmer’s Upland Cyder, Purple moose Brewery, Raglan cider Mill, Sandstone Brewery, Simon Hughes, The Celt Experience, The Waen Brewery, Troggi Seidr, Tudor Brewery, Ty Bryn, Williams Brothers Cider, Wye Valley Brewery
All of us at Green Man would like to say a big thank you to a few lovely people who have put their passion and energy into organising this, Cressida Slater from the Welsh Perry & Cider Society, Sue Hayward from the Waen Brewery, Buster Grant from the Association of Welsh Independent Brewers and our fabulous bar manager Michael Havard.
We’ve got some great new food stalls this year; feast your eyes on these additions to the Green Man’s gourmet global menu:
Uncle Chops Smokehouse Low ‘n’ slow cooking delivering a menu of smoked brisket, pulled pork, beef and pork ribs, lamb shank and more.
Anna Mae’s Southern Street Food Pimped southern style Mac & Cheese shortlisted for the BBC Food and Farming Awards.
The Hurly Burly Putting the ‘eat’ in theatre (and vice versa) by mixing vegetarian treats with cabaret, circus entertainment and live music.
Wrappers Delight Delicious grilled wraps form festival food veteran John Lovell and his brother Henry, owner of Chickpea Cafe in Bristol.
About Green Man:
Located in the truly lovely Black Mountains (near Crickhowell in the Brecon Beacons), this intimate festival is in the most beautiful festival site in the UK, with a 10 year tradition of championing great music, good times and good causes..
Refreshingly independent, and the go to festival to discover new musical talent, Green Man still delivers an incredible value for money wonderful festival experience.
With ten entertainment areas in lush Welsh Wilderness: 24 hour entertainments, comedy, poetry, literature, art & science, fun for 12 and unders and a separate area just for teens, spas, therapies, hot piping showers, local ale and cider sipping, all night bonfires, gorgeous selection of locally sourced food over 4 days of festival fun, the award winning Green Man really has got it all.
GREEN MAN LINEUP
– Kings of Convenience, Midlake, Edwyn Collins, The Pastels, Phosphorescent, Sam Amidon, Julia Holter, Peggy Sue
– Band of Horses, The Horrors, John Cale, Low, Roy Harper, Lord Huron, Ryan Francesconi & Mirabai Peart, The Slow Show, Zervas & Pepper
– Ben Howard, Local Natives, Stornoway, Johnny Flynn, Lau, TBA, Ellen & The Escapades, Fernhill
– Patti Smith, Matt Berry, Money Jon Langford
– Fuck Buttons, TBA, Darkstar, Beak>, Moon Duo, Parquet Courts, Jacco Gardner, Thought Forms, Fist of the First Man
– Villagers, Steve Mason, Archie Bronson Outfit, James Yorkston, Arbouretum, Girls Names, Wild Smiles, Blaenavon, Revere
– Swans, British Sea Power, Unknown Mortal Orchestra, Woods, Melody’s Echo Chamber, Mikal Cronin, Gulp, Flamingods, Trwbador
– TBA, Rachel Zeffira, Teleman, Buke & Gase, Landshapes, TBA, Eagleowl, Joe Banfi, Keston Cobblers Club, Annie Dressner
– Allah-Las, Olof Arnalds, This is the Kit, Fossil Collective, Sweet Baboo, Bear’s Den, Rozi Plain, Grass House, Annie Eve, Denai Moore
– Veronica Falls, Half Moon Run, Public Service Broadcasting, Anna von Hausswolff, Darren Hayman, Marika Hackman, Cowbois Rhos Botwnnog, Huw M, Man’s An Idiot, Mo Kenney
Tickets (Please note that all our ticket prices exactly the same as 2012):
Green Man 2013 Festival Ticket
Adult = £145
Student = £125
Teen (13-17yrs) = £75
Child (5-12yrs) = £5
Infant (0-4yrs) = FREE but ticket required
Live In Vehicle = £60
Family Camping Car Park = £5 (all cars require ticket)
General Camping Car Park = £5 (all cars require ticket)
Green Man 2013 Holiday
– you must have also purchased a festival ticket to take advantage of this offer
Holiday Ticket = £40
Holiday Car Park = £5 (all cars require ticket)