The Guild of Beer Writers is extending the deadline for its annual awards to 12 September, giving writers, bloggers, filmmakers and other communicators extra time to submit. So now’s the time to look out your best work from the past year to be in with a chance of joining the winners’ podium in November, and taking a share of our highest-ever prize fund of £18,500.
Entering the Awards is a simple process and free to all Guild members. We have a record 16 categories this year including new awards for communication about diversity and cider. For details of all award criteria and how to enter, visit https://www.beerguild.co.uk/awards/.
Judging is carried out by a panel of writers, communicators and industry experts chaired by Pete Brown, the Guild’s current Beer Writer of the Year. We will publish a shortlist for all categories in November, and winners and runners up for each will be unveiled at the Awards Dinner. One category winner will go on to win the overall Beer Writer of the Year Award and the Guild also will also name its Brewer of the Year, sponsored by SIBA, based on votes cast by Guild members.
The Guild Awards Dinner will be held on 23 November at One Great George Street, Victoria. Tickets for members and guests are now on sale in our shop: https://www.beerguild.co.uk/shop Ticket prices have been kept as last year’s: £60 for individual members, £125 for corporate members and £135 for non-members (all inclusive of VAT, but subject to a website handling fee).
This year’s categories are:
- Best Commissioned Beer Writing, sponsored by Greene King
- Best Beer Communicator, Regional Media, sponsored by Adnams
- Best Book about Beer or Pubs, sponsored by HEINEKEN
- Best Audio Beer Communication, sponsored by Asahi UK
- Best Video Beer Communication, sponsored by St Austell Brewery
- Best Communication about No and Low Alcohol Beer, sponsored by Budweiser Brewing Group UK&I
- Best Communication about Sustainability in Beer and Pubs, sponsored by Carlsberg Marston’s Brewing Company
- Best Communication about Beer and Travel, sponsored by VISITFLANDERS
- Best Communication about Pubs, sponsored by Shepherd Neame
- Best Newcomer to Beer Communication, sponsored by Fuller, Smith & Turner
- Best Citizen Beer Communicator, sponsored by Krombacher
- NEW: Guild Award for Best Communication About Diversity in Beer
- NEW: Best Communication About Cider
- Best Beer Business Communication
- Best Self-Published Beer Writing
- Best Corporate Beer Communication
If you have any questions about entering the awards, please contact Ros Shiel: email@example.com / 07841 694137