The Guild Awards close two weeks from today on Friday 6 September.
This year’s awards include 11 categories to enter, and offer a total prize fund of £13,500 – an all-time high for the competition. The awards cover many aspects of writing or communicating about beer and pubs, including the newly-launched Carlsberg Award for Best Writing on Sustainability in Beer and Pubs and the Award for Best Beer Broadcaster, reintroduced this year due to demand from Guild members. These sit alongside categories for national, regional and trade media, online communications, beer and travel and pubs and prizes for the Best Young Beer Writer and Best Citizen Beer Communicator. We also have an award specifically for corporate communications.
Entering the Awards is an easy, online process – though non-digital files can also be accepted by post – and is free of charge to Guild members. Entrants can enter as many categories as they want, subject to meeting the criteria, which are published on the Awards page. Work must have been published between 1 September 2018 and 31 August 2019 to be eligible. Most awards carry a £1,000 cash prize plus trophy for the winner and £500 for the runner up. All details on our website
Below are the categories. You may also like to read our tips for submitting a winning entry, from current Beer Writer of the Year Emma Inch.
- Greene King Award for Best Beer Writer – National Media
- Adnams Award for Best Beer Writer – Regional Media
- Fuller Smith & Turner Award for Best Beer Writer – Trade Media
- Heineken Award for Best Beer Communicator – Online
- St Austell Family Group Award for Best Young Beer Writer
- Asahi Award for Best Beer & Travel Writer
- Carlsberg UK Award for Best Writing on Sustainability in Beer and Pubs
- Long Live The Local Award for Best Writer about Pubs
- Guild Award for Best Beer Broadcaster
- Guild Award for Best Beer Writer – Corporate Communications
- Guild Award for Best Beer Citizen Communicator
- SIBA Brewer of the Year Award (by member vote – details to follow shortly)
Any questions, please contact Awards organiser Ros Shiel: email@example.com