Queer Brewing is celebrating turning three with a birthday party at Hackney Brewery’s High Hill Tap & releasing a series of special collaboration beers.
To celebrate their third birthday, Queer Brewing is taking over Hackney Brewery’s High Hill Tap on the night of Satuday 30th April. This will be Queer Brewing’s first ever party, expect trashy campy music, extravagant decorations, dancing and a wide range of Queer Brewing’s distinct brews.
- Queer Brewing have entlisted DJ duo Dance Mums to soundtrack the party with “a combo of pop throwback bangers, trash house you downloaded from lime wire, and live MCing”. Dance Mums Images can be found here.
- Food will be available from High Hill’s current resident pizza kitchen, E17 local’s It’s Not Big Dough.
- Tickets are available from the Hackney Brewery website, and include a Queer Brewing beer and birthday glass to take home. Event times are 7pm – 1am.
- Queer Brewing will be launching three new beers on Saturday 30 April;
A collaboration brewed with Hackney Brewery: a Hazy IPA named Ooooh!
Along with a collaboration with Polly’s Brew Co, and a third brand new beer of their own.
- The Hackney Brewery X Queer Brewing collab will first be available exclusively at High Hill Tap for the birthday party, with the general release on Tuesday 3rd May. Cans will be available to purchase online from the Hackney Brewery webshop.
- Artwork for the collab beer was designed by Hackney’s illustrator Pete Fowler.
Ooooh! is an 6.5% Hazy IPA with oodles of Azacca, Galaxy, and just a touch of Simcoe hops for vibrant peach and stone fruit flavours that’s soft, juicy and refreshing.
Lily Waite, Founder of Queer Brewing says:
We’re so excited to be working with Hackney Brewery both on one of our birthday beers and on the party itself: we talked about brewing something together at the 2018 launch of Hackney’s pride beer Unicorn Rodeo and seemingly every year since, so it’s really great to be finally working on something we’re all so jazzed about. Any birthday is special, but I started Queer Brewing as a one-person project and thought it might last a few months, so to be celebrating our third birthday with people and breweries we really look up to is extra special.
Hackney Brewery celebrated 10 years of brewing in 2021. Founded in a couple of railway arches in Haggerston back in 2011, Hackney Brewery is an independently-owned brewery now based on Blackhorse Lane, E17.
After a successful Crowdfunding campaign in 2021 Hackney opened its High Hill Tap, a modern, US-inspired 300 capacity taproom situated right in the heart of the brewery. Featuring a cosy indoor bar, grand beer hall & spacious outdoor yard, serving 20 taps of the freshest Hackney beers alongside the finest UK & US craft.
Hackney Brewery are known for their modern and hop-forward styles, colourful illustrations, and always inventive experimentation.
More Info & History on Hackney Brewery & High Hill Tap can be found here.
Queer Brewing is a queer- and trans-owned brewery providing visibility & representation for LGBTQ+ people in and around the beer world. Since launching as a collaboration project in 2019, Queer Brewing has brewed close to 50 collaborations around the world, raised thousands for vital LGBTQ+ charities, and launched its own core range of beers in 2021.
Press release from Hackney Brewery
Marketing & Events Manager | Hackney Brewery