Three Hogs, Hogs Back’s beer for the World Cup, is available on draught and in 500ml bottles
Surrey-based Hogs Back Brewery is offering drinkers a free pint of Three Hogs, its beer specially brewed for football-watching, if the England squad reaches the World Cup final in December.
The brewer is ready for a bonanza beer giveaway, after it made the same pledge last year and honoured it when England reached the Euros final. Three Hogs was first brewed for the Euros in 2016 and will be available on draught and in 500ml bottles.
A 4% ABV golden ale, Three Hogs is brewed with a selection of English malts and hops including Fuggles grown in the Hogs Back hop garden next to the brewery, as well as Cascade and Centennial. The pump clip and bottle label describe the ale as “a beer of two halves: refreshingly hoppy up front, followed by a balancing bitterness and a hint of sweetness to finish”.
Hogs Back Brewery managing director Rupert Thompson said: “Many Hogs Back drinkers look forward to the return of Three Hogs with each international tournament. This World Cup is going to feel very different to the Euros, taking place at a different time of year, and in a different time zone, but the nation’s hopes will still be pinned on England lifting the trophy, especially after they reached the finals last year.
“Millions of people will be watching the home nations’ matches with friends, family and fellow football lovers, and a pint of easy-drinking beer like Three Hogs is an enjoyable part of the occasion. Let’s hope that we might finally be raising a glass to a victorious English side on 18th December.”
Hogs Back will be screening a number of matches in its Brewery Tap, depending on timings, including the England v Wales fixture on 29 November. Guests will be able to enjoy the football accompanied by a range of Hogs Back beers and food including their popular stone-baked pizzas. Bookings for places or tables are open at https://hogsback.co.uk/
Thompson added: “During the Euros, the excitement in the Brewery Tap built to fever pitch, and we were sold out ahead of the final. It’s a great space for watching sport and we’re looking forward to welcoming football fans to enjoy the tournament with us again.”
If England reach the finals, customer will be able to claim a free pint of Three Hogs – or another Hogs Back beer, depending on availability – by visiting the Brewery Tap between 11.00 and 2.00 on 18th December.
Notes to editors
Hogs Back Brewery
- Hogs Back Brewery was founded in 1992 in Tongham, in the heart of the traditional Surrey hop growing area.
- Its flagship brand Tongham TEA (Traditional English Ale), is one of the leading regional ales in the South East. The first beer brewed by Hogs Back in 1992, TEA has won multiple awards including runner-up in CAMRA’s Champion Beer of Britain in 2000.
- Other awards include CAMRA’s Champion Bottled Beer of Britain 2020 for its A over T (Aromas over Tongham) 9% ABV bottle conditioned barley wine and a Bronze medal in the International Cider Challenge 2019 for its traditional cloudy cider, Hazy Hog.
- The Hogs Back Brewery range includes a number of award-winning draught, bottled and canned beers, demonstrating its ability to combine brewing expertise and tradition with product innovation to create distinctive, memorable beers.
- Hogs Back planted its original, 3.5-acre hop garden in 2014 before moving a larger site in 2019. In September 2022, they harvested hops from 6,000 plants, and their Hop Harvest celebrations attracted 3,000 people over a weekend.
- Hogs Back cultivates three hop varieties: Fuggles – used in its flagship TEA; Cascade – used in Hogstar lager; and Farnham White Bine.
- As part of its drive to become an ever more sustainable brewer, Hogs Back is aiming to eliminate single use plastic. They have introduced refillable glass Snorters (3.5 pints) and Snifters (1 ¾ pints), and to date have removed 12,000 PETs, earning them Plastic Free Champion status from Surfers Against Sewage.
Issued on behalf of: Hogs Back Brewery
By: ShielPorter Communications
email@example.com / 07841 694137
firstname.lastname@example.org / 07734 054389