Dads can be sure there’s a beer with their name on it this Father’s Day, thanks to Hogs Back Brewery’s exclusive personalised beer partnership with online gift retailer Moonpig.
Anyone looking for the ideal gift for a beer-loving dad can order a gift pack of Hogs Back’s award-winning bottled ales in an exclusive new design for Moonpig, and have the bottles printed with a personal message.
Whether it’s Dad‘s Delight or Old Man’s Ale, when ordering online at Moonpig the gift-giver can create their own name for the beer and add their message. Moonpig offers a choice of three or six bottles of ale, and will feature the personalised beer gifts in its TV ads in the run-up to Father’s Day.
Rupert Thompson, managing director of Surrey-based Hogs Back Brewery, said: “There’s no better way to toast dads on their special day than with a great beer from a craft brewer. As the only brewer offering personalised beers through Moonpig, we believe the quirky Hogs Back brand is a great fit, while also offering the guarantee of quality from a familiar brewer for people ordering online.
“Our popular, exclusive bottled ale features updated graphics with real dad appeal, creating an opportunity to present dad with a personalised message, whether for Father’s Day, a birthday, or any other special occasion.”
James Turner, creative director at Moonpig, said: “Personalised gifts are a great way to mark a special occasion, and we’re delighted to be promoting our partnership with Hogs Back Brewery in time for Father’s Day – there’s a Hogs Back beer with dad’s name on it at Moonpig.”
Notes to editors
- Hogs Back Brewery was founded in 1992 in Tongham, Surrey, in the heart of the traditional Surrey hop growing area.
- Its flagship brand TEA, or Traditional English Ale, is one of the leading regional ales in the South East. The first beer brewed by Hogs Back 25 years ago, TEA has won multiple awards including runner-up in CAMRA’s Champion Beer of Britain in 2000. Distribution of TEA is currently at an all-time high, with TEA now sold in more 1000 supermarkets in the South East and beyond, including branches of Tesco, Sainsburys, Asda, Waitrose, Morrisons and Co-op.
- The Hogs Back Brewery range includes a number of award-winning draught and bottled beers. Launches over recent years include Hogstar English Craft Lager, Montezuma’s Chocolate Lager and Outback Pale Ale, all demonstrating Hogs Back’s ability to combine brewing expertise and tradition with product innovation to create distinctive, memorable beers. In 2013, Hogs Back also launched a traditional cloudy cider, Hazy Hog.
- In September 2015 Hogs Back Brewery harvested the first hops from its own hop garden on a 3.5 acre plot adjacent to the brewery, bringing the traditional but near-extinct Farnham White Bine hop variety back to its Surrey home. Once fully mature, the hop garden will provide 25% of the brewery’s hop requirements.
- Hogs Back harvested four varieties in its hop garden in September 2017: Fuggles, used in their flagship TEA, or Traditional English Ale; Farnham White Bine; English Cascade, used in Hogstar English Craft Lager; and a newer dwarf variety, Pioneer, used in its 2017 Home Harvest Ale. Hogs Back sources the majority of its hops from within 5 miles of the brewery
Ros Shiel: firstname.lastname@example.org / 07841 694137
John Porter: email@example.com / 07734 054389