Expanded home delivery to bring beer, burgers and bread to locals in lockdown
With the barbecue season upon us, Surrey-based Hogs Back Brewery is expanding its home delivery service to offer fresh bread and meat alongside its beers to the many people making the most of their gardens and outdoor spaces during lockdown.
Customers ordering beer from Hogs Back can now order a fresh meat pack – including barbecue staples burgers and sausages- from award-winning butcher Alf Turner, based in Aldershot, and a fresh bread basket from the family-run Good Taste bakery in Tongham. Hogs Back has also partnered with wine supplier Nectar Imports, enabling customers to order wines by the case as part of their delivery.
Alongside the expanded home delivery range, Hogs Back is also launching a 10% ‘refer a friend’ offer, which gives 10% off an order from new customers and £5 to the existing customer who signs them up. The discount is available to customers ordering from the online shop and via click and collect at the brewery.
Hogs Back Brewery owner Rupert Thompson said: “With the sun out and temperatures set to soar, everyone lucky enough to have a garden, terrace or balcony during lockdown will be dining al fresco. Our Barbecue to You service is a great way to source the barbecue essentials of beer, burgers and bread, delivered to your door in one click.
“In these challenging times, it makes sense for us to help other local businesses where we can, and we’re delighted to be expanding our service to deliver products from Good Taste and Alf Turner, who are both very much a part of our community.
“By choosing to buy fresh goods from local companies, customers can not only enjoy the best locally-produced food and drink, but also help these local businesses to weather the Covid-19 storm. We’ll definitely raise a glass of brewery-fresh TEA to that!”
The Good Taste bread basket contains loaves of white and multi-seed bread, wholemeal and white rolls and a sweet tray bake, while the Alf Turner meat pack includes four steak burgers, traditional pork sausages, back bacon, diced chicken breast, diced steak and steak mince. The Nectar wines include two whites, two reds, a blush and a sparkling white.
Bread, meat and wine are available to customers also ordering beer from the Hogs Back range, which includes brewery-fresh TEA (Traditional English Ale) and Surrey Nirvana Session IPA, fresh for three days, as well as other draught, bottled and canned beers. Wine sales are by-the-case of six bottles, with no mixed cases available.
Hogs Back will home-deliver bread, meat and wine to customers living in selected postcodes roughly within a 15-mile radius of the brewery. Beer delivery charges are dependent on order value and distance, customers wanting to find out more, or place an order, should visit www.hogsback.co.uk
Issued on behalf of:Hogs Back Brewery
Ros Shiel: email@example.com / 07841 694137
Notes to editors
Alf Turner: award-winning butcher, established in 1956 by Alf Turner on North Lane, Aldershot, from where the business operates today, led by Paul and Kevin Turner, the third generation of the family business. In 2012, Paul Turner appeared on the BBC programme Dragon’s Den and won investment from entrepreneur Peter Jones to develop the business. The range of Alf Turner sausages, Dragon’s Egg scotch egg and pork scratchings, are now available in supermarkets across the country.
Good Taste: founded nearly 20 years ago by Dean and Debbie Wilsher, who run the business as Head Baker and Head of Confectionery respectively. They produce more than 40 different breads and rolls, as well as a selection of biscuits, cakes and savouries. Good Taste has six bakery-coffee shops in Surrey and Hampshire.
Hogs Back Brewery
- Hogs Back Brewery was founded in 1992 in Tongham, in the heart of the traditional Surrey hop growing area.
- Its flagship brand TEA, or Traditional English Ale, is one of the leading regional ales in the South East. The first beer brewed by Hogs Back in 1992, TEA has won multiple awards including runner-up in CAMRA’s Champion Beer of Britain in 2000. Distribution of TEA is currently at an all-time high.
- The Hogs Back Brewery range includes a number of award-winning draught, bottled and canned beers, demonstrating its ability to combine brewing expertise and tradition with product innovation to create distinctive, memorable beers.
- Hogs Back’s traditional cloudy cider, Hazy Hog, launched in 2013, won a Bronze medal in the International Cider Challenge in 2019.
- Hogs Back planted a hop garden adjacent to its brewery in 2014, growing three hop varieties: Fuggles – used in its flagship TEA ale; Cascade – used in Hogstar lager; and Farnham White Bine.
- Hogs Back relocated its hop garden in 2019. At 8.5 acres, the new hop garden is nearly three times the size of the previous one and when fully mature will provide 50% of their hop requirements.
- Hogs Back is planning to build a hop kiln and warehouse close to the hop garden, which will allow hops to be dried immediately after picking and packed within 24 hours using state-of-the-art vacuum packing technology to capture the hops’ freshness.
- The hop garden is an essential part of Hogs Back’s commitment to brewing sustainably. With the hops grown just yards from the brewhouse, they are brewing beers with the freshest ingredients – ‘from field to firkin in a furlong’.