Award-winning East Anglian brewery, Woodforde’s, has announced a new collaboration with a brand-new partner – events company, AfterDark – to become the exclusive lager supplier for AfterDark’s highly anticipated New Year’s Eve Warehouse Party.
Although an iconic local brand, Woodforde’s has traditionally been better known for its multi-award-winning ales – boasting two CAMRA Supreme Champion Beer of Britain awards. The brewery has recently embarked on a drive to appeal to a younger demographic, introducing a range of three craft-style keg beers – Norada, Conquest and West Coast Wherry, as well as brewing a bespoke British Lager for Marks & Spencer. The partnership with AfterDark, under their ‘Dancing Astronaut’ brand, provides a perfect opportunity for Woodforde’s to broaden its reach further, with 4,000 revellers expected to bring in the New Year at the Norfolk Showground Arena.
Conquest lager, the drink of choice for the event, has been given a distinct ‘Dancing Astronaut’ label redesign by Woodforde’s in-house design team, and bespoke 440ml cans to reflect the collaboration.
Commercial and Marketing Director, James Armitage, had this to say about the partnership: “We’re really thrilled to be working with AfterDark. Our beers are more popular than ever with a younger demographic and we’re always looking to reach new audiences, whether it’s through our partnership with Norwich City FC or working with AfterDark, and the bespoke can design looks out of this world!”
It’s not just the 440ml cans that have been given the bespoke treatment; Dancing Astronaut even paid a visit to the brewery to ‘create’ the special beer, shown in a film for the event.
Michael Femi-Ola, AfterDark Director, added: “We are really excited to work with a local brewery to replace our current, well-known beer provider at our Warehouse events at the Norfolk Showground. We value supporting local suppliers and businesses, especially a fast-growing brand like Woodforde’s that has a very similar ethos to us.”
The New Year’s Eve Warehouse Party will be headlined by UK Garage pioneer, DJ EZ, and the event has already received a huge amount of interest. With last year’s event selling out, guests are being urged to secure their tickets in advance.
To book tickets, or watch the Dancing Astronaut promotional video, visit the Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/warehouseventsnorwich/.
Issued on behalf of Woodforde’s Brewery. For further information, please contact:
Ed Whitehead Emily Burnett
Associate Director Account Manager
Fleet Street Communications Fleet Street Communications
07877 121 860 07398 246 616
Notes to editors:
- Woodforde’s Brewery was founded in 1981 and operates from its brewery and pub site in the village of Woodbastwick, 8 miles outside of Norwich.
- Woodforde’s has always used the very best local ingredients, including the finest Norfolk malting barley, and water from an aquifer on the site of the brewery.
- The Brewery has won 136 nationally recognised awards, including 66 first place medals.
- Woodforde’s is one of only four brewers to have received the ‘Supreme Champion Beer of Britain’ award twice, for Wherry and Norfolk Nog.
- Woodforde’s has two operational brew houses, with a 30 and a 60 barrel capacity.
- There are eight beers in the core range: Wherry, Nelson’s Revenge, Bure Gold, IPA and Nog in cask and Norada, Conquest lager and West Coast Wherry in keg.
- Woodforde’s is also available in over 400 pubs and more than 300 supermarkets across East Anglia, and it also brews an exclusive premium British Lager in partnership with Marks & Spencer which is available in stores nationwide.