The finalists for the Scottish Beer Awards 2023 have been announced
Moonwake Beer Co. is a finalist for 15 Scottish Beer Awards 2023. Nine of their beers have been shortlisted for 13 different awards and they have been nominated for two of the business award categories.
The awards they are finalists for are:
- Best Juicy or Hazy Beer – Breakfast IPA
- Best Juicy or Hazy Beer – XPA
- Best Juicy or Hazy Beer – Solero Pale
- Best Lager – Lager
- Best Pale Ale – Pale Ale
- Best Pale Ale – Solero Pale
- Best Pale Ale – Pale Ale
- Best Porter or Stout (up to 6.4%) – Dry-Hopped Stout
- Best Porter or Stout (up to 6.4%) – Milk Stout
- Best Session Beer (2.8% – 5.2%) – XPA
- Best Session Beer (2.8% – 5.2%) – Weissbier
- Best Session Beer (2.8% – 5.2%) – Kölsch
- Best Session Beer (2.8% – 5.2%) – Pale Ale
- Best Beer Destination – Moonwake Beer Co. | Brewery & Taproom
- Excellence in Marketing
Moonwake’s Marketing Manager, Sarah Sinclair said: “The brewery has just turned two years old and we are incredibly proud to have so many of our beers nominated for a number of different awards. We are thankful to all of those who have supported us and we are looking forward to the awards ceremony in September, wish us luck!”
The brewery’s taproom being named in the shortlist for Best Beer Destination comes one month after it was announced that Moonwake will be hosting its first beer festival, Lunarpalooza, on 28th-30th July 2023.
Moonwake won three awards at the Scottish Beer Awards 2022 which included Best Newcomer and bronze awards for its IPA and Vienna Lager in the categories Best IPA and Best Lager.
Also in 2022, they won Best Concept Design at the Society of Independent Brewer’s (SIBA) Business Awards, Best New Brewery at The Brewer’s Choice Awards, Best Newcomer in the Beer52 Awards and its Weissbier won gold in the regional SIBA bottle and can awards, and silver in the national awards.
The winners of the awards will be announced at the awards ceremony and dinner taking place on Thursday 14th September 2023 at the DoubleTree by Hilston Hotel Glasgow Central.
Notes to the editor:
Moonwake: “the moon’s reflection on a body of water” speaks to the brewery’s Leith Shore location, the importance of water as an ingredient, and our beers’ reflection of our combined experience.
Established in 2021 by a team with extensive craft beer and brewing careers. We brew with mindful intention on modern kit using quality ingredients.
Our head brewer believes there is a beer out there for everyone and we create balanced beers for a wide range of people to enjoy.
- Links: moonwakebeer.com / moon
- Social media: @moonwakebeer
- TOOLKIT: ASSETS, IMAGES ETC.
- Address: 6A Tower Street Edinburgh EH6 7BY
- Phone: 01315536995
- Taproom opening hours: Thursday 5-10pm, Friday 3-10pm, Saturday 12-10pm, Sunday 12-8pm
Contact: Sarah Sinclair, Marketing & Events Manager
Phone: (+44) 07446989485