Neil Bain, a Master Brewer with over 30 years experience, will be returning to Woodforde’s Brewery in January 2018 as Head of Brewing. Neil previously held this role with the award-winning Norfolk based brewery for seven years until 2015.
James Hughes, CEO, Woodforde’s Brewery says: “We are delighted to welcome Neil back to Woodforde’s. His reputation of brewing outstanding beers and his strong connection with the brewery will provide a valuable addition to our senior team. Neil has a proven track record of success over his career, and we look forward to him heading up our brewing operations.”
Neil Bain says: “I am thrilled to be returning to Woodforde’s. With the recent launch of the new branding, the investment in the business, and its strong portfolio of beers, this is an exciting time in the brewery’s history.”
Neil will take over from Belinda Jennings who has been Head Brewer at Woodforde’s for the past two years.
– ends –
Notes to Editors
- Woodforde’s Brewery, recently rebranded by linking with the legacy of Norfolk’s favourite son, and one of Britain’s greatest military heroes, Admiral Lord Nelson.
- Woodforde’s Brewery was founded in 1981 and operates from its brewery and pub site in the village of Woodbastwick, near Norwich.
- Woodforde’s Brewery is the largest brewer in Norfolk.
- The Brewery has won over fifty nationally recognized awards including two Champion Beers of Britain (Wherry and Norfolk Nog), as voted by CAMRA.
- Woodforde’s is one of only 4 brewers to have received this award twice.
- Of the fifty national awards twenty-six have been first place as well as winning an array of regional and category awards.
- Woodforde’s has two operational brew houses with a 30 barrel and 60 barrel capacity.
- There are six beers in the core cask range: Wherry; Reedlighter; Nelson’s Revenge; Norada; Bure Gold and Norfolk Nog.
- There are five beers in the 2017 seasonal range: West Coast Wherry; Red Admiral; Tundra; Flagondy and Tinsel Toes.
- Wherry, Bure Gold, Nelson’s Revenge and Norfolk Nog are available in 500 ml bottles. Reedlighter and Norada are available in 330 ml bottles.
For further press information contact:
DDi: +44 1223 655743
M: +44 7958 989124