The Brewers Association, the not-for-profit trade association representing small and independent American craft brewers, in conjunction with global beverage importer Heathwick Ltd, is launching a range of high quality, authentic independent American craft beers in an exclusive new promotion to celebrate Independent American breweries this summer.
Six American craft breweries will be available in the UK, many for the first time, featuring 14 different beers, eight of which have been unavailable in the UK to date. They comprise:
Cruz Blanca Brewery | Chicago, IL
- Mexico Calling, 355ml cans 4.7% ABV – a Mexican lager brewed with Vienna malt, subtle hops and no adjuncts giving a refreshing sunny lager with balanced sweetness and light bitterness
- Palm Shade, Tropical Hazy IPA, 355ml cans, 6% ABV – a modern IPA combining the drinkability of a pale ale. Fruit forward hops with subtle bitterness and vibrant notes of mandarin, orange, mango and pineapple
DC Brau Brewing Co | Washington DC
- In Session IPA, 355ml can 4.5% ABV – a crisp and refreshing IPA that’s packed with flavour, has a smooth mouthfeel and is brewed with 100% Centennial hops.
- The Corruption IPA, 355ml can 6% ABV – brewed with Pale 2 row, C-10 honey and victory malts and exclusively hopped with 40lbs of Columbus hops per brew to ring in at 80 ibus.
- Penn Quarter Porter, 355ml 5.5% ABV – an award-winning robust porter that sits on the line between a porter and a stout with chocolate notes and a dry, roasted finish
Millhouse Brewing Co | Ploughkeepsie, NY
- Cucumber Blessings, 473ml can 5.2% ABV – an award-winning beer designed to keep you cool throughout the long hot days of summer
Saugatuck Brewing Co | Douglas, MI
- Neapolitan Milk Stout, 355ml can 6% – a creamy milk stout with all the flavours of Neapolitan ice cream in one unique beer; chocolate, vanilla and strawberry.
- Blueberry Maple Stout, 355ml 6% – a rich, sweet stout with classic malt characteristics and a bold, unique twist. It tastes like a stack of blueberry pancakes smothered in maple syrup!
- Blueberry Lemonade Shandy, 355ml can 5% ABV – light, refreshing and unique. A tasty version of a Radler with the added twist of blueberries to give a perfectly invigorating beer.
Tailgate Brewery | Nashville, TN
- Peanut Butter Milk Stout, 355ml can 5.2% ABV – a dark, full-bodied stout with peanut butter and chocolate malt aroma and flavours. Moderately sweet. Creamy notes soften the roasted coffee flavoured qualities.
- Orange Wheat, 355ml can 4% ABV – an American Wheat Ale brewed with all-natural orange. Light-bodied, creamy and zesty from start to finish.
- Peanut Butter & Strawberry Jelly, 355ml can, 5.2% ABV – just like the ‘Original’ but with an ‘All-American’ taste of Peanut Butter with Strawberry Jelly!!
The Virginia Beer Co | Williamsburg, VA
- Saving Daylight Citrus Wheat, 355ml can 4.9% ABV – citrussy sweet orange peels are packed into this American wheat ale to create a crisp and sunny all-day, any time crusher.
- Gorgeous Citra IPA, 355ml 5.7% ABV – hopped and dry-hopped to the brim with soft, citrussy, juicy Citra hops. A gorgeous take on a hazy American IPA.
The range will be available exclusively in large and extra-large nationwide stores of Home Bargains (275+ stores) in a new ‘Celebrate Independence’ promotion starting 28th June 2023 until stock lasts.
The promotion is the brainchild of importer Heathwick Ltd. Richard Sullock, commercial manager at Heathwick Ltd, comments: “The new Celebrate Independence promotion will be the most comprehensive and eclectic range of imported independent American craft beer currently available in the UK and brings a ground-breaking new approach to category management. With the help of the Brewers Association we will be introducing an exclusive range of top quality, innovative and imported American craft beers to the UK market and providing a huge point of difference from other retailers. Beer will be priced on par with the top four UK grocers ensuring that shoppers benefit from an exciting new opportunity to purchase top-quality American craft beers with an accessible price tag.”
Find your nearest store here
About Heathwick Ltd
Heathwick is an importer, brand builder and distributor of unique beverages including American craft beers from DC Brau, Fordham & Dominion, Saugatuck Brewing Co and Tailgate beer. Contact www.heathwick.com Tel: 020 7938 3991.
About the Brewers Association
The Brewers Association (BA) is the not-for-profit trade association dedicated to small and independent American brewers, their beers and the community of brewing enthusiasts. The BA represents 5,600-plus U.S. breweries. The BA’s independent craft brewer seal is a widely adopted symbol that differentiates beers by small and independent craft brewers. The BA organizes events including the World Beer Cup®, Great American Beer Festival®, Craft Brewers Conference® & BrewExpo America®, Homebrew ConTM, National Homebrew Competition and American Craft Beer Week®. The BA publishes The New Brewer® magazine, and Brewers Publications® is the leading publisher of brewing literature in the U.S. Beer lovers are invited to learn more about the dynamic world of craft beer at CraftBeer.com® and about homebrewing via the BA’s American Homebrewers Association® and the free Brew Guru® mobile app. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Issued on behalf of the Brewers Association, 1327 Spruce Street, Boulder, Colorado, 80302 USA. www.brewersassociation.org
For further press information: Lotte Peplow at firstname.lastname@example.org +44 (0)7973 698 414
Third-party news items that are posted on the Guild website’s news section come from press releases received by the Guild. These press releases are posted as they have been received and their publication on the Guild website is intended as an informational service provided to our members and website visitors. As such, the publication of a story from a third-party source is neither an endorsement of the content, nor its sender, by the Guild. For enquiries on any news item, please use the contact details that can be found at the bottom of each post.