We are all turning our attention to reopening pubs and how we can maximise profitability allowing for all the Government restrictions
Research undertaken by Cask Marque for a major pub group shows that taking an ok cellar to a 5* cellar will:
- Increase lager yields by 2%
- Increase cask yields by 8%
- Lost pints reduced by 26%
Separate analysis from Vianet shows that a great cellar can increase sales volume by 5%. Just by improving yields alone the potential increased profitability on an average pub, selling 150 barrels of beer, is equivalent to £3000+ of extra sales.
With face to face training on hold, Cask Marque have developed a series of online Cask Masterclass tutorials. Each hour-long tutorial is hosted live by a Cask Marque expert via Zoom with the opportunity for participants to interact with the tutor.
Paul Nunny Director of Cask Marque said “We have successful trailed the course modules and now held a first live event. The feedback from the 25 delegates attending was very rewarding and 100% of the delegates said they would recommend the training to their colleagues.”
Learn more about the course content, format, and costs by ringing Cask Marque on 01206 752212 or visiting
Cask Marque offer a range of tutored & online courses.
- Introduction to cellar management – e learning
- Bii ABCQ qualification in cellar management – 1 day course
- 1-2-1 training on cellar management in the licensee’s own cellar
- Bar Excellence online training for bar staff – e learning
We have 50 trainers covering the UK.