As hospitality businesses adapt to trading in a post-COVID environment, the need for operators to have an up-to-date picture of their team members’ health is more important than ever, say workforce management experts Bizimply, who are launching a new product feature, the Attendance Questionnaire.
The Attendance Questionnaire allows operators to design their own questionnaire which automatically appears on-screen as staff members log on to Bizimply’s clock in app at the start of their shift. By asking a few questions about known COVID symptoms, employers can be kept informed of any team members who might have the virus and take appropriate action.
One of the operators who trialled Attendance Questionnaire was Jason Brunton, owner of luxury holiday accommodation operator Beyond Escapes. He said: “This gives us really valuable information on the health of our team members, at the start of every shift, every day. It takes team members just seconds to complete, so it’s been simple to roll out.
“At a time when everyone is doing all they can to prevent a second COVID spike, we now feel well-equipped to keep our business safe for staff and customers.”
Beverley bar and restaurant owner Ali Tekce added, “Having these questions within team members’ log-on process means they can’t overlook it – everyone logs on, so everyone gets the questionnaire and has to complete it before the start their shift.
“We’re also providing team members with a contactless log-on system. Each team member has their own Bizimply stylus to use on the log-on screen, so that’s one potential source of transmission removed from the workplace.”
Bizimply CEO, Conor Shaw, said: “We were working on the Attendance Questionnaire with an expected release date in December this year. When the coronavirus took hold, we knew we had to help our customers by getting this feature out immediately. Staff members’ health is a big concern for operators, and they wanted an easy way to make sure their business stayed virus-free. It’s something we had to get out for businesses across the UK, Ireland and further afield.
“The Attendance Questionnaire gives businesses a snapshot of their team’s health and reassures staff that their employer cares about protecting their health and the health of their customers. If staff members feel confident about their working environment, they will feel motivated and enjoy their job, and customers, who may be nervous about returning to hospitality, will relax and start enjoying their visits to the pub or restaurant.”
“We looked to the future when we were developing the concept of the Attendance Questionnaire. Our product and development teams were always asking how they could future-proof it. The ten questions that can be asked on the new feature are completely customisable – so when the coronavirus does subside, employers will be able to use this feature as an employee engagement exercise.”
The Attendance Questionnaire is being used primarily to check on team members’ fitness to work, but its flexible design means that it can be adapted to ask any question operators want to put to their staff. Operators can gather functional information, such as whether staff are wearing their uniform, or get a picture of staff sentiment. Up to 10 questions can be asked, with answers available immediately.
For further information: https://www.bizimply.com/pre-shift-checklist/
ATTENDANCE QUESTIONNAIRE: KEY BENEFITS
- Completely customisable: operators can design their own questions
- Questions appear automatically every time a team member logs on for a shift, or returns from a break
- Staff giving an answer that indicates they may have coronavirus are asked to talk to their line manager immediately
- Log-on is contactless: each staff member has their own Bizimply stylus to use on the log-on screen, removing the potential for COVID transmission this way
- Available as an add-on to all customers using Bizimply’s Timestation to log staff onto work
Caption to attached image: the Bizimply Attendance Questionnaire
For more information: www.bizimply.com
Issued on behalf of: Bizimply
By: ShielPorter Communications
Further information: Ros Shiel
firstname.lastname@example.org / 07841 694137
Notes to editors:
Bizimply is an All–In-One People Solution that enhances the way shift oriented businesses are managed. Bizimply allows its customers to manage their employee scheduling, time and attendance, in-store communication, frontline people management and shift reporting across multiple locations.
The company is based in Dublin, and works across Ireland and the UK. Its systems are used by 33,000 employees across 2,500 hospitality locations. Customers include:
In the UK
- Dominion Hospitality: group of 24 pubs and hotels in the south of England
- East London Pub Company: group of four pubs in London
- Five Guys (Northern Ireland): restaurant/delivery business offering freshly-made burgers
- Daisy Green: 13 informal, all-day dining venues across London
- Causeway Hospitality: 7-strong group (3 bars, 3 hotels, one nightclub) employing 150 staff
- Hook & Ladder: café with culinary school and furniture/ accessory store. Six venues employing 100 staff.
- Kay’s Kitchen: nine venues in Dublin
- Bodytonic: nine bars with 141 staff