Nomadic Beers invites Guild members to their 2nd Birthday party.
It will take place on Saturday 19th January from 12pm onward in the new brewery at Unit 11 Sheepscar House, 15 Sheepscar Street, Leeds, LS7 1AD. The Brewery is next door to Enterprise, a 15-minute walk from Leeds City Centre and just 3 minutes away from North Brewing Co’s brewery tap room.
The Story of Nomadic Beers
Brewing since early 2017, Nomadic Beers was founded by ‘Gaffa’ Katie Marriott and ‘Head Brewer’ Ross Nicholson. Following in the footsteps of some of Yorkshire’s great brewers, Nomadic Beers have been brewing at the Burley Street Brewhouse. Burley Street Brewhouse is a 40-year old original Whitbread brew kit that lives underneath the Fox and Newt pub in Burley, Leeds.
Due to the growth and popularity of Nomadic Beers they’ve now outgrown the 4BBL (approximately 16 casks per brew) brew kit at Burley Street and have moved to larger premises. In late December, a new 8BBL (approximately 32 casks per brew) was delivered to their new home.
In its two years, Nomadic Beers has cemented its position as a cask focused brewery producing modern, vegan-friendly real ales. From core range beers like the modern bitter ‘Bandit’ and best-selling ‘Pale’, to one-off specials like ‘Beans in Toast’, a coffee IPA brewed with surplus bread and coffee beans.
Nomadic Beers can be found across Leeds and Yorkshire, including in the multi award-winning North Bar.
For Nomadic’s 2nd Birthday, everyone is invited to come and celebrate with ‘Gaffa’ Katie and ‘Head Brewer’ Ross. Here’s what you can expect:
- Beers will be provided by Nomadic Beers, on cask and in bottle. There’ll also be some special guest cask from friends of Nomadic Beers.
- This will be the first opportunity for to come and see the new brew kit! Plus ‘Gaffa’ Katie and ‘Head Brewer’ Ross will be on hand to show you the kit and talk you through the brewing process
- Gin from Leeds Gin and soft drinks will be available.
- Food will be provided by ‘Chef’ Tony Coltman.
- There’ll be entertainment throughout the day, including a colouring competition for children (and adults if they would like!)
- There will be a grand unveiling of the final part of the brewery mural, designed by Christine Jopling.
- Children and dogs are welcome, as long as they are accompanied by a well-behaved adult!
- Nomadic Beers is a supporter of the ‘Everyone Welcome Initiative’. You can find out more about what that is here.Keep an eye out on Nomadic’s Twitter, Instagram and Facebook for up-to-date information
|Dr. Katie Marriott
|Mr. Mike Hampshire
Guy Who Does a Bit of Everything (Except Manual Labour)