Brewer Wadworth, has rewarded several of its pubs in recognition of their outstanding achievements during 2011. Those awarded at the annual ceremony have been selected from Wadworth’s estate of around two hundred and forty pubs. As such these awards represent a real honour for the winners of the twelve categories.
The most prestigious awards were for the Tenant and Manager of the Year which were won by The Yew Tree at Conderton and The George Hotel at Frome respectively.
Dale Allison at The Yew Tree was especially happy to receive the both the title of Tenant of the year and Retailer of the Year which can be added to the accolade of Best Newcomer received last year.
The Award reflects the hard work that has been put into the pub in a relatively short amount of time. Whilst maintaining the success of The Yew Tree, Dale has also recently taken on a second tenancy at the Bayshill Inn at Cheltenham and has turned the establishment into a thriving business despite the difficult financial climate.
“It was a complete surprise”, said Dale “ I didn’t think I’d been at The Yew Tree long enough. All the hard work – lots of marketing with poster campaigns and using social media as well as the extra training from Wadworth has obviously paid off. This is such an honour – I was just doing my job really but and I am incredibly grateful that we have been acknowledged”.
Suzanne Kerslake received the Manager of the Year award for The George Hotel in Frome. “I’m completely overwhelmed”, she said, “This is a wonderful end to a great year for the pub and the Award will really put George on the map”.
The Award recognises The George Hotel’s impressive 64% growth in profits this year – an achievement which is the result of a large amount of work promoting the pub’s varied menu and historical location. The Hotel now has an established reputation for being warm and welcoming which, Suzanne acknowledges, is mainly thanks to the efforts of the staff who are regularly praised by customers.
“It’s always a joy to give these awards”, said Paul Sullivan, Sales and Marketing Director at Wadworth, “Our landlords work exceptionally hard and we feel it is important that they receive the recognition they richly deserve”.
- Perfect Pint – Managed Houses Gold The White Hart, Wroughton Community Pub of the Year Runner Up Rose and Crown, Larkhall
- Perfect Pint – Managed Houses Silver Cleveland Bay, Chandlers Ford Food Pub of the Year – Managed house Winner The Barge, Melksham
- Perfect Pint – Managed Houses Bronze The Fox and Hounds, Theale Food Pub of the Year – Managed house Runner Up The Colesbourne Inn, Colesbourne
- Perfect Pint – Tenants Gold The Greyhound, Bromham Food Pub of the Year – Managed house Highly Commended The Crown, Devizes
- Perfect Pint – Tenants Silver The Oak, Smannell Food Pub of the Year – Tenants Winner The Anchor, Oxford
- Perfect Pint – Tenants Bronze Golden Lion, Winchester Food Pub of the Year – Tenants Runner Up The Raven, Paulshot
- Special Acheivement – Managed House Winner Longs Arms, South Wraxell Best Newcomer – Managed house Winner The Master Builder, Southampton
- Special Acheivement – Tenants Winner The Talbot, Stow on the Wold Best Newcomer – Managed house Runner Up Clifton Wine Bar, Bristol
- Marketing Pub of the Year Winner The Old Bell, Warminster Best Newcomer – Tenants Winner The Wellesley Arms, Chippenham
- Marketing Pub of the Year Runner Up Fox and Hounds, Theale Best Newcomer – Tenants Runner Up Red Lion, Staple Hill
- Marketing Pub of the Year Highly Commended Millstone, Basingstoke Tenant of the Year Winner The Yew Tree, Conderton
- Retailer of the Year Winner The Yew Tree, Colderton Manager of the Year Winner The George, Frome
- Retailer of the Year Runner Up Golden Lion, Winchester Manager of the Year Runner Up White Hart, Wroughton
- Community Pub of the Year Winner The Green Dragon, Market Lavington Manager of the Year Highly Commended Victoria Arms, Old Marston
Note to editors:
Issued on behalf of Wadworth by Rawlingson Lane Publicity, Fordbrook Business Centre, Marlborough Road, Pewsey, Wilts SN9 5NU.
For further information and high res images please contact Gail or Teresa. Tel: 01672 564099. email:email@example.com