Beer lovers rejoice! Warwickshire’s Purity Brewing Company has launched a luxury new beer to put some colour back into the bleak winter months.
Named Maravilla Sour, the limited edition brew is a ruby red Belgian-style raspberry sour, deeply complex and full to the brim with crisp fruit tartness.
In the award-winning brewery’s first venture into ‘the world of sour’, the full-bodied beer is brewed with locally sourced Maravilla raspberries and premium Maris Otter, Oat and Crystal malts, generously hopped with Godiva & Bullion to give a subtle berry fragrance, underpinned by fresh fruit flavours.
The small batch beer, limited to a run of 1,200 bottles, will be available from Monday 27 th November in Purity’s popular 750ml corked champagne-style bottles at 6.5%. In addition, 200 thirty-litre kegs will be available at 5.5% for the on-trade.
And in more good news for pub-goers, the Good Pub Guide’s Brewery of the Year for 2018 is also celebrating the return of its Black IPA, Saddle Black, which is now back in cask for the winter at 5.8%.
Both beers will be on tap for members of the brewery’s ‘Puritan’ scheme at an exclusive brewery event on 25 th November, followed by general release of Maravilla Sour at the brewery shop and online at www.bottleshack.uk .
Maravilla Sour is best served with braised red meats, dry aged steaks, strong mature cheeses, and rich chocolate desserts.
Purity MD Paul Halsey, comments: “We really enjoy creating these limited edition beers and over the years we’ve had some fantastic feedback. Maravilla Sour is a first of its kind for us; we’ve taken only the best Belgium triple yeast, cultured lactobacillus from the local cheese producer and combined it with Herefordshire’s best raspberries to produce a truly premium well-balanced ruby sour beer. We’re looking forward to hearing what people think and rewarding our loyal Puritans at the exclusive launch event.”
For more about Purity Brewing Company and the Puritan membership scheme, visit www.puritybrewing.com
– ENDS –
Notes to editors
About Purity Brewing Co.
Purity Brewing Co. is a company dedicated to making a difference. In its award-winning products: Mad Goose, Pure Gold, Pure UBU, Saddle Black, Longhorn IPA, Lawless Lager and Bunny Hop – Purity demands premium quality and uniqueness. In service, Purity offers distinction, approachability and integrity.
Central to the brewer is a strong commitment to supporting the environment. Purity only uses natural ingredients, supports recycling programmes and respects the community. Also, waste products are recycled through a pond and wetland system. This sustainable eco-system helps minimise carbon dioxide emissions and encourage wildlife diversity.
- Bunny Hop, Lawless Lager & Mad Goose, Gold winners at SIBA Midlands Independent Craft Brewer’s Competition 2017
- Purity Brewing Company, The Good Pub Guide Brewery of the Year 2018
- Purity Director of Brewing Flo Vialan, All-Party Parliamentary Beer Group beer awards brewer of the year 2017
- Mad Goose, Best Bitter at the Wolverhampton CAMRA Beer & Cider Festival 2017
- Purity Brewing Company, winners of Small Business and Fast Growth Business of the Year awards at the West Midlands Business Masters awards 2017
- Longhorn IPA – Gold, Small Pack Strong Bitters and Pale Ales at the SIBA National Independent Beer Awards 2017
- Purity Brewing Company – Winners, Marketing Implementation at the SIBA Business and Industry Award 2017
- Best Brewery Experience winner at the 2016 IWSC Beer Awards 2016
- Longhorn IPA and Pure Gold – Gold medalists at the SIBA Midlands Beer Competition 2016
- Mad Goose – Best Bitter at the 2016 IWSC Beer Awards
- Mad Goose, five star beer winner in the Best Bitter category at The Beer Awards 2016
- Pure Gold, X, Longhorn, Saddle Black & Mad Goose – medal winners at the International Beer Challenge 2016
- Purity Brewing Company – Midlands Sustainable Manufacturer of the Year 2016
- ‘X’ Unfiltered Bourbon Rye IPA – Winner Best Packaging Design, SIBA Business Awards 2016
- Pure Gold – 2016 CAMRA Champion Beer of the West Midlands Medalist
- Pure UBU and Lawless Lager, global winners at the World Beer Awards 2015
- Mad Goose, Longhorn IPA & Gnarly, medalists at the International Beer Challenge 2015
- Pure UBU – World’s and UK’s Best Amber Ale, World Beer Awards 2015
- Lawless Lager – Worlds and UKs Best German-style Lager, World Beer Awards 2015
- Purity Brewing Company – Sustainable Manufacturer of the Year 2015
Issued on behalf of Purity Brewing Co by Gough Bailey Wright, St Johns House, 16 Church Street, Bromsgrove, Worcester, B61 8DN, Tel: 01527 579555. For further information please contact: Richard Harris, email@example.com