Yonder Brewing & Blending, the modern farmhouse brewery based in Somerset’s Mendip Hills, is celebrating record sales for the latest quarter, with sales up 450% year-on-year to £113,450 for the period (1 March 21 to 31 May 21), which beats the previous best quarter by over 40% (1 June 20 to 31 August 20), during which sales were £80,592.
This growth was driven by Raspberry Gose, Yonder’s raspberry sour beer and top seller, contributing to 16% of sales. This demonstrates the continuing demand for more experimental beers which provide something different for the consumer, and the growing popularity of sour beers. Yonder has five core beers which, unusually, includes a sour beer (Raspberry Gose). The brewery also released seven new beers during the quarter, as well as having multiple beers from previous launches available.
Raspberry Gose contains 170g per litre of best British raspberries and for this reason has an authentic, ‘full-on’ raspberry flavour, with a rounder, gentler acidity than many kettle sours. The beer pours opaque and vibrant red in colour. It does not contain lactose and is therefore vegan-friendly and suitable for lactose-intolerant drinkers. It has an RRP of between £5-6 per can.
Like all of Yonder’s beers, Raspberry Gose uses locally sourced and foraged ingredients, which showcase the incredible variety of flavours available on its doorstep while also minimising food miles.
Jasper Tupman, Founder of Yonder Brewing & Blending, says: “We are delighted to be reporting our best quarter yet, which beat our previous best quarter by over 40%. The fact that our top seller was Raspberry Gose is significant and shows that consumers are looking for something different which challenges the taste buds. With 170g per litre of the best British raspberries, it is a fantastic-tasting beer, and shows that it is possible to have a sour beer within a core range.
“Our sales over the last year (to 31 May 2021) are also up considerably at 55% year-on-year, and it is our aim to continue to achieve this level of growth over the next two years.”
Yonder Beer & Brewing was founded in 2018 by Jasper Tupman and Stuart Winstone, who share a passion for foraging, fermentation and flavour.
Jasper and Stuart invested everything they had to build their unique vision of carefully crafted beers with a strong sense of place. Later joined by Dave Williams as Head Brewer and Lee Calnan as Sales Director, 2020 marked the next phase of development for a small team with big ambitions: to bring innovative, modern farmhouse brewing to a wider audience in the UK and beyond.
Notes to editors:
- Tasting notes for Yonder’s core range are as follows:
- Raspberry Gose (4% abv) contains 170g per litre of the best British raspberries. It is opaque and vibrant red in colour. Aromas of fresh fruit dominate with hints of tangy yoghurt in the background. Tart raspberry coulis hits your senses with the first sip and lingers with the full, smoothie-like body and a saline lick from Cornish sea salt.
- Acapella (5.5% abv) is an unfiltered heavyweight pilsner-style lager weighing in at 5.5% ABV and brewed with 100% UK ingredients, including a liberal lashing of traditional and new variety UK hops.
- Subculture (4.5% ABV) is a pale ale brewed with a medley of cultures and 100% UK ingredients. Expect high-end fruit flavours from UK grown Jester and Olicana hops, on top of the dry and funky finish of Brett fermentation.
- Coolbox (3.5% ABV) is a refreshingly balanced Helles lager, brewed with 100% UK ingredients and inspired by our love of the great outdoors. Grab a six-pack, put it on ice and enjoy it at the beach, next to a campfire, at home in the garden, or at the pub with friends. Wherever your adventure takes you!
- Boogie (3.8% abv) is a modern reinterpretation of an English Bitter; inspired by the past but brewed with the future firmly in mind. Using new UK hop varieties and our house yeast, we’ve created a beer which tastes like home without dampening the desire to explore beyond it.
- For more information about Yonder, please visit brewyonder.co.uk.
Press release from Yonder Beer & Brewing
For further information or imagery please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 07881 782262.