Salcombe Brewery Co. is showing its support for the England rugby team throughout the Rugby World Cup with the launch in September of its very special limited edition Red Rose beer, which will be available from the brewery in bag-in-boxes via the shop and online, and on draught in pubs across the country.
Brewer, Sam Beaman comments: “We are huge rugby fans here at Salcombe Brewery so we were very excited at the prospect of creating a beer to celebrate the World Cup. Just like the competition, Red Rose brings together some of the best ingredients from across the globe with hops from Britain, New Zealand and the New World. We like to think that the result is a world class beer and we hope that England will be coming out at the top of the table too!”
Red Rose (ABV 4.0%) is a mahogany malty beer that has a spiced caramel and toffee malt base with a balanced bitterness followed by a smooth fruity finish. Created using a range of both British, New World and New Zealand hops the result is a flavoursome beer that is both subtle and complex. Sam continues: “Red Rose is the ideal beer to enjoy throughout the World Cup season. I plan to team mine up with a steak and ale pie for the perfect match day combination and hope to be raising a glass or two to toast England’s success in the competition.”
This limited edition beer will be available on draught at select pubs and can be purchased from the brewery’s on site shop or online at www.salcombebrewery.com. Choose from 5, 10 and 20 litre bag-in-boxes.
Red Rose is part of Salcombe Brewery Co.’s seasonal range which complements the brewery’s much-loved year round beers Island Street Porter, Seahorse, Salcombe Pale Ale, Lifesaver, Devon Amber, Shingle Bay and Salcombe Gold. For further information on Salcombe Brewery Co. please visit www.salcombebrewery.com email email@example.com or call 01548 854888. Follow Salcombe Brewery Co. on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
*Red Rose is available in 9g casks and bag-in-boxes. It has an RRP of £56.99 for 36 pints (20L Bag In Box), £28.49 for 18 pints (10L Bag In Box), £14.25 for 9 pints (5L Bag In Box). It can be purchased online at www.salcombebrewery.com or directly from the brewery. For trade enquiries contact the brewery.
– ENDS –
Notes to Editor
- SIBA award winning Island Street Porter is a hand crafted, sumptuous porter. Its blend of eight malts produce hints of dark chocolate, coffee and black cherry which, combined with British hops, creates an aroma reminiscent of Black Forest gateaux (ABV 5.9%).
- Seahorse is an amber ale with a name which reflects the fact that the Salcombe estuary is a breeding ground for two species of seahorse. This sweet and smooth ale has a gentle spicy hop character with hints of burnt toffee, caramel and a smoked malty finish (ABV 4.4%, 9g cask,5/10/20 litre bag-in-boxes, 500ml bottles).
- Salcombe Pale Ale is a fresh, full-bodied and powerfully hopped pale ale. Its orange, pink grapefruit and anise flavour raises a glass to Salcombe’s 19th century fruit trade. Dry hopped with Summit and Simcoe for a robust, complex beer that’s bursting with flavour (ABV 4.6%, 30l keg, 330ml bottles).
- Devon Amber is an amber coloured classic best bitter from Devon. This easy drinking malt driven bitter has a dry, yet sweet, aftertaste (ABV 3.8%, 9g cask 5/10/20 litre bag-in-boxes, 500ml bottles).
- Lifesaver is a tasty bronze coloured ale that has a pleasant malty flavour with a smack of citrus and orange peel. The initial citrus flavour gently fades into a subtle liquorice and toffee character with a floral finish (ABV 4.8%, 9g cask, 5/10/20 litre bag-in-boxes, 500ml bottles).
- Shingle Bay is a delightfully easy drinking golden ale that has a pleasant fruity aroma and a subtle crisp bite. The use of the pacific gem hop adds a complexity to the aroma with notes of blackberry and spiced fruit (ABV 4.2%, 9g cask, 500ml bottles).
- Salcombe Gold is a light harvest gold ale with a long hoppy finish. Using some of the best hops the USA has to offer in Citra, Amarillo and Chinook. These hops result in a citrus driven aroma and flavour supported by hints of melon, apricot and peach (ABV 4.2%, 9g cask, 5/10/20 litre bag-in-boxes, 330ml bottles).
- Salcombe Brewery Co. was founded by John and Gerry Tiner in September 2016. After 35 years of fun-filled family holidays nearby, John and Gerry moved to the area and soon discovered that the local area’s favourite beer, Shingle Bay, might be under threat, so they decided to set up a new brewery and acquire the recipe.
- John and Gerry had a vision to create a company ethos of an eco-friendly, locally supportive brewery making a rich variety of mouth-watering beer. They secured investment both nationally and internationally by shareholders who shared the same sense of belief in the high quality of the beer.
- The seahorse logo behind the brand of Salcombe Brewery Co. is representative of the fact that the Salcombe estuary is one of the few places in the UK you can find the rarer of the two species of seahorse. Inspired by local surroundings, Salcombe Brewery Co. takes pride in its local roots, which is reflected in the branding. Unique, fresh and contemporary, the seahorse is a seal of high quality represented by the beers.
For further information, photography or an interview with John Tiner, owner of Salcombe Brewery Co., please contact:
Hayley Reynolds at RAW Food and Drink PR
Telephone: 07887 474 104