Please put Thursday, 10th December from 7.00 – 8.00 pm in your calendars for the announcement of the Guild’s Annual Awards 2020 winners.
We’re gutted, of course, that we can’t be gathering in person and enjoying a few beers, delicious food and the company of other Guild members while we celebrate our winners. But we hope you’ll want to join us for this year’s online version; our finalists have written, blogged, and broadcast with as much talent as in a ‘normal’ year, and deserve our (virtual) applause! And after the announcements, there will be an option to stay online to chat with other Guild members.
Back in March, we weren’t sure we’d be able to run our Awards at all, so to be announcing winners and runners up in nine categories, plus our Beer Writer of the Year and Brewer of the Year, feels like a triumph. We are enormously grateful to all our sponsors, who have stepped up to make sure that in this extraordinary year, we are able to reward the work of our talented members.
So please save the date and we’ll be in touch nearer the time with joining details. And before then we’ll publish the shortlist for all our categories – so you’ll know if you’re in the frame for a (real) tankard.
And to remind you of our awards:
- Asahi Award for Best Beer and Travel Writer
- NEW: Budweiser Brewing Group Award for Best Writing about No and Low Alcohol Beers
- Carlsberg UK Award for Best Writing on Sustainability in Beer and Pubs
- Greene King Award for Best Beer Writer, Print Publications
- Harvey’s Tom Paine Award for Best Citizen Beer Communicator
- Heineken Award for Best Beer Communicator, Online
- NEW: Shepherd Neame Award for Best Beer & Pub Communications during Lockdown
- VISITFLANDERS Award for Best Beer Broadcaster
- Guild Award for Best Beer Writer, Corporate Communications
- SIBA Brewer of the Year Award (by member vote)