Stay In A Pub has gained extra funding of £700K to promote pub accommodation. With the funding comes two high profile people to help support and guide the company.
The Sunday Times Business Section covered the appointment of Harry Hill as Non Exec Chairman. He was one of the principle backers of Rightmove. Joining as Chief Exec is Charles Cryer, formerly a Managing Director of Capita, the outsourcing company. Paul Nunny the founder will still be involved in sales and marketing strategy.
Plans for the future include:
- Double visitors to the Stay In A Pub website. Our target for next year is 1 million visitors. Ie 20000 hits a week. Currently we have about 8,000 & 10000 hits per week.
- Develop a new website that is mobile first as over 78% of Google searches are done using their phones to make enquiries.
- Create a Stay In A Pub app to make it easier to access the site and enable us to better communicate with consumers.
- Offer to consumers a “late pubs rooms” booking facility. Filling empty rooms is key to profitability and important when out of season and perhaps during quieter times during the week.
The first action has been to produce a Pub Accommodation Report the findings of which will be announced at the Profitable Beds Seminar in London on 24 October 2019. The research covers both consumer behaviour towards the sector and analysis in detail of how pubs can increase profitability.
Paul Nunny commented “These are exciting times for the sector with the industry investing heavily in pub accommodation. Gone are the old days of pubs used by the likes of blue collar workers. Pubs today can outshine hotels with their offer of eat, drink and sleep. The injections of funding into Stay In A Pub will enable us to market more widely the pub accommodation offer”.
For further information:
Paul Nunny – firstname.lastname@example.org 07768 614065
Facts about Stay in a Pub
- Sister company of Cask Marque
- High Google Ranking
- 1700+ pubs featured
- 10,000 average weekly consumer website visits
- Consumers on average view 5 pubs per visit
- 16% of website visits are from overseas
- 20,000 social media followers
- Strategic partnership with Visit England and Visit Britain
- Work closely with 50 pub groups which include Youngs, Fullers, St Austell and Brakspear together with boutique groups such as Cirrus Inns, Peach and The Seafood Pub Company
- Chair a pub accommodation industry forum
- Host an annual accommodation seminar