Stonegate Group are proud to share that to date the company has raised an impressive £250,000 for its corporate charities, the Motor Neurone Disease (MND) Association and MND Scotland and are fast approaching the £300k mark!
The whole Stonegate community, from colleagues in the support team to Craft Union Operators, Pub Partners, Area Managers, and our teams working in sites have come together to raise funds in many different and creative ways.
Activities have included the South East Managed Operations team taking on 30 miles of the great British Jurassic Coastline in an epic charity walk. Luke Jones, Operations Director at Stonegate Group, said: “The team and I were very excited to take part, for the incredible MND Association and MND Scotland. We really supported each other over the three days and were excited to be challenging ourselves in this activity. It was also nice to see the beautiful landscape of the South Coast.”
The Customer Contact Centre raised 13k by completing ‘Tour de Stonegate’ – a virtual cycle ride that saw the team cycle to the length and breadth of the country, virtually visiting our pubs, but without leaving the office. Other colleagues have come together to walk, hike, run, cycle, swim, host raffles and competitions and even wash cars to raise money!
David McDowell CEO of Stonegate said: “We are very proud of all our colleagues, operators, partners, and customers from across the Stonegate estate for their outstanding effort in raising £250,000 for the Motor Neurone Disease (MND) Association, as well as 10k for MND Scotland. This achievement reflects the key roles our pubs and bars play in supporting their communities and raising money for charities and great causes. We know how important raising both funds and awareness of MND is to the MND community”.
MND is a disease that attacks the nerves, leaving those affected unable to walk, talk, eat and ultimately to breathe. One-third of people with MND lose their life within a year and over half within two years of diagnosis.
Ian Gardner, Head of Development at the MND Association said: “We are absolutely thrilled the Stonegate Group have topped an incredible £250,000 to support the work of the MND Association. Alongside my colleagues, I’ve had the pleasure of meeting numerous Stonegate colleagues who have blown me away with their creative ideas and dedication to maximising their fundraising to support the MND community. There are around 5000 people in the UK at any one time who are living with MND, and Stonegate’s support is invaluable to helping us support them while facing this devastating disease.”
The MND Association are dedicated to improving access to care and providing essential resources and assistance for individuals living with or impacted by MND in England, Wales, and Northern Ireland. They also actively lobby government and work with technology giants to revolutionise life for people with MND.
Similarly, MND Scotland focuses on serving the needs of those living in Scotland. Both organisations play a crucial role in financing and endorsing research that advances our understanding of the disease and leads to the development of new treatments, bringing us one step closer to a cure.
NOTES TO EDITORS
About Stonegate Group
Stonegate Group is the largest pub company in the UK. Its portfolio is comprised of over 4,500 sites, split across managed, operator led and leased and tenanted businesses.
The managed pubs division, which employs over 16,000 people, is split into Branded and Traditional pubs, bars and venues. Branded is comprised of: Slug & Lettuce, Popworld, Be At One and the Venues division. Traditional (unbranded) pubs are made up of: Proper Pubs, Pub & Dining and Social Pub & Kitchen.
The leased and tenanted estate, Stonegate Pub Partners, is made up of over 3,000 diverse sites whilst operator led Craft Union is currently made up of over 500 community pubs.
- Great British Pub Awards – Stonegate Group Pub Partners’ Pub of the Year, Best Pub to Watch Sport, Community Hero
- BII’s National Innovation in Training Awards (NITAs): HR Manager of the Year (Jemelle Bish), Best Apprenticeship Training Programme (ATOP)
- Publican Awards – Best Community Operator (Craft Union Pub Company)
- Licensed Trade Charity Awards raising awareness through fundraising
- Great British Pub Awards – Stonegate Group Pub Partners’ Pub of the Year, Best Pub to Watch Sport
- MCA Retailers’ Retailer Awards – The Hero Award (Suzanne Baker)
- Great British Pub Awards – Feeding the Community, Community Mindfulness & Ei Publican Partnerships Pub of the Year
- REBA Employee Wellbeing Awards – Best New Wellbeing Strategy (5000+ staff)
- Publican Awards – Best Pub Employer (501+ employees)
- Publican Awards – Best Community Operator (Craft Union Pub Company)
- BII’s National Innovation in Training Awards (NITAs): HR Manager of the Year, Lee Woolley (2019); Best Managed Company for Training; Lifetime Achievement Award for Chairman, Ian Payne (2016)
- CGA Insight Hero and Icon Awards (two awards): Icon Award Ian Payne MBE, Business Leader, Simon Longbottom (2019)
- UK Hospitality’s Dusk ‘til Dawn Late Night Awards (two awards) – Icon Award (Ian Payne MBE), Best Marketing and Promotions Award (2019); Best Service & Team (2018)
- Great British Pub Awards – Best LGBTQ+ Pub (2019); Best LGBTQ+ and Best Sports Pub (2018); Best Pub Garden, Best Entertainment and Best Sports Pub (2017); Best Sports Pub (2016);
- BII Scotland Awards Best Operator for Training (2019)
- Retailers’ Retailer of the Year (two awards): Lifetime Achievement Award, Ian Payne MBE; Investor of the Year TDR Capital (2019); Investor of the Year: TDR Capital (2017)
- Menu Innovation & Development Awards (MIDAS) (two awards): Best Menu, Premium High Street Pub: Slug & Lettuce; Best Menu, Town & City Pub: Walkabout (2019); Premium High Street Pub: Town Pub & Kitchen (2017); Best New Concept: Missoula, Montana Bar & Grill (2014); City and Bar Dining: Slug and Lettuce (2013)
- Publican Awards (five awards): Best Community Pub Operator, Best Pub Employer (501+ employees), Best Managed Pub Company (51+ sites), Best Drinks Offer, Business Leader of the Year Chief Executive, Simon Longbottom (2019); Best Late Night Operator (2018); Best Managed Pub Company; Best Late Night Operator, plus highly commended Best Employer 501+ employees (2017); Business Leader of the Year, Chairman Ian Payne (2014); Best Pub Employer 51+ sites (2013)
- British Beer & Pub Association (BBPA) Chairman’s Award (2018)
- Licensed Trade Charity: Outstanding Corporate Contribution Award (2018)
- APPBG PUBAID Corporate Charity Fundraiser Award (2018)
- Scottish Training Federation: Best Large Employer (2016)
- HR Excellence Awards: Best Learning and Development Strategy (2016)
- HR Distinction Awards: Innovation for Digital & Social Media (2016); People Development (2015); Innovative Use of Technology (2014)
Contact: Georgia Mackey, Leisure PR and Communications, firstname.lastname@example.org