Organic beer producer, Stroud Brewery is set to move into its purpose built brewery by Autumn this year. The brand-new purpose built building will cost £1.2 M and accommodate the organic brewery’s growing needs, providing additional brewing capacity, storage facilities, larger offices, a new taproom with canal-side views and social/event spaces that can be rented.
Managing Director, Greg Pilley commented “This is a significant development for Stroud Brewery and will provide us with the platform to take the business to the next stage. There is no way we could have imagined this six years ago when we moved in to our existing site.”
“The new brewery will allow us to ensure we retain and enhance our quality reputation but also to develop a range of new beers. One of our USP’s we are recognised for is our ethos of sustainability and producing a nationally recognised range of organic beers. When we first started talking about this project we wanted to ensure this was at the core of the build and accommodate an ecologically designed brewery giving us a strong identity, a visitor destination and a vibrant community space. We are also going to launch a crowdfunding campaign next month where we hope to raise £250K. This will also give customers further opportunities to invest in the brewery’s sustainable practices such as rainwater capture and solar photovoltaic panels.”
Designed by Austin Design Works, and implemented by Clive Petch Architects the new facilities will allow for the brewery to expand over the coming years. The site is located in a commercial area of Stroud, but benefits from the river on one side and the canal on the other. The new building was granted planning permission towards the end of 2017, with the aim that the new brewery will be in full operation towards the Autumn of 2018.
Greg Pilley, concluded “It’s an exciting time for us, we are looking to getting in there and inviting you all along for a pint!”
Notes to editors:
- Stroud Brewery is one of a handful of 100% UK organic breweries.
- Stroud Brewery produces premium quality, multi-award winning, organic beers.
- They produce organic beer in cask, keg, bottles and cans.
- Brewed using Cotswold grown barley traditionally malted at Warminster Maltings.
- The core range is always available and they brew popular seasonal ales throughout the year.
- Stroud Brewery are always open to working with like minded independents and distributors who share the same business ethos and values.
- Looking to raise £250K through interest paying loans.
- Will be launched in June/July 2018.
- Will be launched on the Triodos crowdfunding platform.
- Loans will offer 5% tax free interest through an Innovative Finance ISA.
- Lenders become part of the Stroud Brewery Beer Club with invitations to offers and events and 10% off personal beer purchases at their taproom, to take away and from their website.
For further information or images please contact: