Organic and certified B-Corp beer producer, Stroud Brewery were highly commended at last week’s SIBA business awards in the Green Business category, in recognition for their remarkable efforts and holistic approach to the ethics of environmental awareness and responsible business operations.
Managing Director, Greg Pilley commented “As the only organic brewery or certified B-Corp to make the finalist list we are extremely proud to be recognised for the significant time and investment we dedicate to building a business that puts people and planet first. As a 100% organic brand our ingredient and production costs are far higher but we believe higher levels of biodiversity on our farms and the carbon sequestration properties of organic soil make them worth it; the result was a real boost for those efforts.
We send our congratulations to the winners Purity Brewing Co. for the great work they do conserving water at their brewery.”
Stroud Brewery’s submission covered both their environmental and social impact work ranging from activities such as water capturing of rainwater from their roof, their heat sourcing technology to recover heat from fermenting beer, to their community building activities and status as a living wage employer.
SIBA business award Judge, Neil Walker, said “I am delighted that Stroud Brewery were named as one of only two Highly Commended across the awards for their work in becoming fully organic across their range and the additional steps they have taken to make their new taproom and brewery as environmentally friendly as possible. They are a perfect example of a brewery putting good business ethics and environmental impact at the centre of everything they do and a worthy recipient of this award.”
Greg Pilley, concluded “We will continue to strive to implement sustainable and regenerative practices across the business and hold ourselves accountable to our mission to make outstanding beer without damaging the planet and bring people together to inspire positive change”
Notes to editors:
- Stroud Brewery is one of a handful of 100% UK organic breweries.
- Stroud Brewery is one of only four beer brands in the UK to achieve certification as a B-Corporation
- Stroud Brewery produces premium quality, multi-award winning, organic beers in cask, keg, bottles and cans.
- Stroud Brewery take their malt very seriously
- They use local organically grown barley from the famous UK barely belt
- They work with Warminster Maltings, a certified organic maltings and one of only two UK malt houses to use the traditional method.
- The core range is always available and they brew popular seasonal ales throughout the year.
- Stroud Brewery are always open to working with like minded independents and distributors who share the same business ethos and values.
SIBA Business Awards
- SIBA, the Society of Independent Brewers, was established in 1980 to represent the interests of the growing number of independent breweries in Britain.
- SIBA currently represents around 830 independent craft breweries
- Their vision is ‘to deliver the future of British beer’ as the ‘voice of British independent Brewing’.
- The SIBA Business Awards seek to congratulate excellence in the brewing industry across a variety of categories
- The Green Business category recognises the ethics of environmental awareness and responsible business operation way beyond the norm, with either a single innovative initiative or a holistic strategy for sustainability.
- The awards are unique in that they are judged by those from within the industry rather than publications or other awards bodies looking in.
- The SIBA Business Awards 2020 took place at BeerX UK, ACC Liverpool Exhibition Centre on Wednesday the 11th March.
For further information or images please contact: