The below update from Cask Marque was sent out to the trade on Friday:
It is looking increasingly likely that many, if not all, pubs, clubs, hotels and restaurants are going to have to close for an extended period of time due to the COVID-19 situation.
We advise you take steps to ensure draught dispense systems, bar and cellar equipment, and your premises are kept in optimum condition throughout this unprecedented situation.
1. Clean all cask and keg lines as per your usual procedure
2. Do not leave water in any beer line: empty the lines of water by blowing keg lines (see instructions here courtesy of Avani Solutions) and pull water through until air on cask lines. Alternatively, fill the lines with a beer line protector such as Proton Guardian®
3. All couplers should be sanitised and attached to the ring main sockets
4. Remove hop filters from cask lines, and hang the lines off the floor
5. Clean all cask equipment (taps, hop filters, extractor rods, auto tilts, dipsticks) in sanitiser and leave to air dry
6. Turn gas cylinders off at individual valves, cleaning gas valve and main supply
7. Turn remote coolers off at the plug
8. If you still have unbroached kegs in the cellar we recommend keeping the cooling fans switched on to preserve the life of the stock. Otherwise, turn cooling fans off. Return any un-used in date stock to your supplier.
9. Deep clean the cellar walls, floors, and sumps with sanitiser
10. Ensure all empty casks are corked and stored in a secure area
11. Ensure all glassware is clean and stored on ventilated matting
12. Drain glasswasher, clean all filters and inner surfaces, switch off and leave door open
13. Empty ice machine, sanitise internal surfaces, switch off, and leave hatch door open
14. Remove sparklers and nozzles from spouts, clean in hot water and leave to air dry
15. Remove stock from bottle coolers and optic rails. Switch off fridges and leave open.
16. Finally carry out regular checks in the cellar for pests, damp and ventilation.
THIS ADVICE HAS BEEN COMPILED FROM THE RECOMMENDATIONS OF THE CASK MARQUE ASSESSORS & OUR THANKS TO AVANI SOLUTIONS FOR THEIR ADVICE.