Online offering brings together global mindful drinking movement and drinks brands from across the world as positive move to tackle lockdown drinking.
Thursday 30th July – Sunday 2nd August
Live on Facebook and YouTube
Key events include:
- Inspirational talks and panels on the Champs Motivation Stage by influencers and experts on changing drinking habits and living healthier lifestyles. We have already confirmed nearly 80 themed sessions globally.
- Over 60 low and no alcohol drinks with virtual ‘meet the maker’, so people can meet the pioneers behind the brands.
- Cocktail masterclasses, beer tastings and drinks talks with the world’s top experts.
This free to attend festival is supported by Big Drop Brewing co, Lindemans Wines, Binary Botanicals, Champs, Lyre’s Spirits, the Scottish Alcohol Industry Partnership and Wisebartender.
Our world-class selection of speakers includes Spencer Matthews, TV star and founder of low alcohol brand CleanSpirit, the author of Sober Curious, Ruby Warrington; Quit Like a Woman author Holly Whittaker, singer and songwriter Lucy Spraggan and many more from across the world.
There are Global sessions which cover all topics related to moderation and quitting, including sober socialising, dating, exploring creativity and the use of journaling as well as inspirational interviews with journalists, authors and key Instagram influencers.
Club Soda is a global Mindful Drinking Movement. Their first book ‘How to Be a Mindful Drinker’ was released by DK Books in 2019. They provide a multifaceted approach with their three main support strands; supporting individuals to rethink their drinking habits, building an online drinks and venues guide which features the best pubs and bars for mindful drinkers (clubsodaguide.com) and curating the best alcohol-free drinks to be showcased at the Mindful Drinking Festivals.
The UK boom in low and no alcohol drinks has been fuelled by the 8.6 million people who will be cutting down their drinking next year . Not happy to put up with a compromise on taste or choice when at home or going out, mindful drinkers of all kinds are reaching for the new wave of alcohol-free beers, spirits, wines and craft sodas. Last year the sale of low and no beer, wine and spirits grew by £22.4m.
The health and wellness trend is also driving this growth across the world with the US market seeing an increase in low calorie and low alcohol products as customers seek to improve their lifestyle. 3
Contact: For interviews with Club Soda co-founder Laura Willoughby MBE and case studies, please contact email@example.com or call 07968708703
- ‘Drinking behaviour and moderation among UK adults – Findings from Drinkaware Monitor 2018’ YouGov and then using UK-wide population data from ‘Monitoring and Evaluating Scotland’s Alcohol Strategy: Monitoring Report 2017’ NHS Health Scotland.
- Page 5 of Drink Retailing News 2019 Mindful Drinking supplement.
- No/Low-alcoholic Beers Are Expanding The U.K. Beer Market And Fueling Category Growth In The Process
- A full press pack with everything you need for background, photos, facts and figures can be found here: https://
mindfuldrinkingfestival.com/ press. Photos can be found here and are free to use.
- Club Soda is a mindful drinking movement that helps people change their drinking, whether they want to do a sober sprint, drink more mindfully, or go alcohol-free. Visit joinclubsoda.com – we are available for quotes, case studies, information and advice for your articles all year round.
- The motivation stage is supported by Champs, the wellbeing experts who aim to equip individuals, teams and leaders with actionable guidance and practical strategies so they can become well, stay well and perform at their very best. Champs helps people turn mental wellbeing into their biggest asset – one conversation at a time.
- Club Soda’s first book ‘How to Be a Mindful Drinker: Cut Down, Stop For a Bit, or Quit’ is published by DK Books (26 December, £8.99).