Vocation, one of the UK’s largest and fastest-growing craft beer breweries, has joined up with the UK’s No. 1 online retailer of craft and speciality beer, Beer Hawk, to launch its flagship Life & Death Classic IPA in PerfectDraft format.
The PerfectDraft beer dispenser enables drinkers to enjoy fresh, chilled, bar-quality draught beer in the comfort of their own home. Vocation’s Life & Death is now available in 6L PerfectDraft kegs, with each keg pouring 10 pub-quality pints. The keg machine chills the beer to a temperature of 3°C, with all empty kegs eligible for return to receive beer credit.
Life & Death is a 6.5% abv US-style IPA with fruit-forward flavours and a dash of sharp citrus. The Citra and Mosaic hops provide a lingering bitterness set against a smooth malty base.
John Hadingham, Sales Director at Vocation Brewery, says: “We are thrilled that our flagship beer, Life & Death, is now available for customers to drink on draught at home via Beer Hawk’s PerfectDraft beer dispensers. It’s always been our mission to make our genuine craft beers available to everyone, for all occasions, and this enables us to reach a new audience. PerfectDraft has a growing customer base and we are delighted to be able to offer them a world-class IPA which they can enjoy in the comfort of their own homes.
“The Life & Death IPA available to PerfectDraft customers is the same liquid that is available in cans and on draught in the on-trade, and is brewed to the same exacting standards as all of our beers.”
Dan Marsham, Community Manager at PerfectDraft UK, says: “We are really pleased to have Vocation on board with PerfectDraft and to be able to offer their flagship Life & Death to our discerning customers. Life & Death is a well-known and much loved IPA which we know will go down a storm with the PerfectDraft community.”
Vocation Brewery is an independent craft brewery based in Hebden Bridge, Yorkshire, founded in 2015 by John Hickling, with just himself, a rebuilt chicken shed and a dog for company. Today the brewery has 60 staff and sold over 10 million cans in 2021. They’ve come a long way, but it’s still their vocation.
Notes to editors:
- Vocation’s core range comprises:
- Life & Death (6.5% abv): a ballsy, US style IPA with flavours of tropical and citrus fruits, with a lingering bitterness set against a smooth malty backbone
- Divide & Conquer (5% abv): a fearlessly hop forward New England Pale Ale with notes of pineapple, passionfruit and pine for an uncompromising juiciness and a haze that won’t quit.
- Hop, Skip & Juice (5.7% abv): a tropical pale ale with heavy doses of citrussy Simcoe to get lips hopping.
- Bread & Butter (3.9% abv): a dry, hopped pale ale using layers of US hops set against a backbone of British malts. What this beer lacks in strength, it makes up for in character.
- Heart & Soul (4.4% abv): a session IPA with an intense fruit-salad character that comes from generous additions of US West Coast hops. Notes of passionfruit, gooseberry, pineapple and mango.
- Smash & Grab (8% abv): a hop-bomb DIPA, crammed full of fruity tropical and citrus flavours from only the freshest, tastiest, hops. The finish is smooth, sharp and moreish.
- Hebden Lager (5% abv): in our little town of eccentrics and artisans we like to create the unexpected and unrivalled. This clean, crisp and refreshing lager is no exception.
- Pride & Joy (5.3% abv): a classic, American-style pale ale which is crisp, very hoppy and aromatic. Flavours and aromas of mango, citrus, earthy pine, tropical fruit and blueberry.
- Perfect Storm (6.6% abv): packed full of citrus aromas and a boatload of hops, this New England Pale Ale is dank and juicy with full-on flavours and low bitterness.
- Triple Vision (10% abv): a thick and juice Triple IPA. Some say three’s a crowd but in our opinion it’s the more the murkier. This Triple IPA has got you in its sights.
- Sweet Temptation (6.6% abv): a chocolate caramel stout collaboration beer with the giants of Brew York. This silky smooth, rich and seductive stout is impossible to resist.
- Roll with It: (5.2% abv): with super juice hops and a pillowy soft mouthfeel, this DDH Pale Ale is hazy, hoppy and dangerously drinkable.
- East & West: a collaboration between Gweilo and Vocation, East & West Pale Ale is a soft, hazy beer imparts notes of ripe papaya, guava and pineapple, leading into a dank flavour profile on the finish.
- For more information about Vocation, please visit vocationbrewery.com.
- For more information about PerfectDraft please click on beerhawk.co.uk/perfect-draft-range/perfect-draft.
Press release from Vocation
For further information or photography please contact Jo Grobel at Exact PR at email@example.com.