Woodforde’s Brewery, the award winning Norfolk-based brewery is a lead sponsor of ‘Porkstock Festival’. The Festival celebrates the creation of pork dishes from local pig farmers, as well as other regional food and drink artisans. Money raised will go to Nelson’s Journey, a local charity dedicated to supporting bereaved children and young people throughout Norfolk. The Festival takes place on Saturday October 14th at the Norfolk Showground and last year’s event raised £10,000 for the charity.
Woodforde’s Brewery has brewed a limited edition beer for the event called ‘Porkies’, the beer will be sold at £3.00 per bottle with all money raised donated to Nelson’s Journey. Visitors will also be able to purchase the full range of Woodforde’s beers on cask and Norada on keg throughout the Festival.
Nick Dolan, Woodforde’s Chief Operating Officer says: “Porkstock is a fantastic free family event which is expected to attract around 6,000 people, and is a day of celebrating regional produce of which Woodforde’s is a part. There is a great line-up of top chefs giving cookery demonstrations, hands on classes and a chance to chat to our brewing team. The event then transforms into an evening ticketed music event.
“The nominated charity, Nelson’s Journey, provides support to young children who have experienced the death of a significant person in their life and we are proud to help support such an important service.”
Charlie Hodson, founder of Charlie’s Norfolk Food Heroes, is a Patron of the Festival as well as the recently appointed Executive Head Chef of the Woodforde’s pub adjoining the brewery, ‘The Fur and Feather’. He says:
“As a Norfolk boy and a campaigning chef, it’s magical when I can combine business and pleasure. My role as Patron of Porkstock, coupled with my position as Executive Head Chef at Woodforde’s, allows me to do just that. The support I have at Woodforde’s has allowed me to combine my Porkie love for a fantastic fund-raising event with one of the best Brewery’s in the country, for the benefit of all parties.”
For further information on Porkstock visit: http://www.porkstock.co.uk
– Ends –
Notes to Editors
- Woodforde’s Brewery, recently rebranded by linking with the legacy of Norfolk’s favourite son, and one of Britain’s greatest military heroes, Admiral Lord Nelson.
- Woodforde’s Brewery was founded in 1981 and operates from its brewery and pub site in the village of Woodbastwick, near Norwich.
- Woodforde’s Brewery is the largest brewer in Norfolk.
- The Brewery has won over fifty nationally recognized awards including two Champion Beers of Britain (Wherry and Norfolk Nog), as voted by CAMRA.
- Woodforde’s is one of only 4 brewers to have received this award twice.
- Of the fifty national awards twenty-six have been first place as well as winning an array of regional and category awards.
- Woodforde’s has two operational brew houses with a 30 barrel and 60 barrel capacity.
- There are six beers in the core cask range: Wherry; Reedlighter; Nelson’s Revenge; Norada; Bure Gold and Norfolk Nog.
- There are five beers in the 2017 seasonal range: West Coast Wherry; Red Admiral; Tundra; Flagondy and Tinsel Toes.
- Wherry, Bure Gold, Nelson’s Revenge and Norfolk Nog are available in 500 ml bottles. Reedlighter and Norada are available in 330 ml bottles.
About Nelson’s Journey
Nelson’s Journey is a Norfolk charity that supports children and young people up to their 18th birthday that have experienced the death of a significant person in their life. They offer one-to-one support and opportunities to meet other children of a similar age who have also experienced a bereavement. For further information visit: http://www.nelsonsjourney.org.uk