Matthew Treverton, Customer Account Manager with Ei Group, has named Woodforde’s Brewery’s 6 Nations limited edition amber ale, ‘Nice Try’.
Matthew won the ‘Name the Beer’ competition, an exclusive collaboration between Woodforde’s and Ei Group’s Customer Contact Centre. ‘Nice Try’ will be available via Ei Group’s 4,600 strong retail estate during the 6 Nations International Rugby Union Championships, which kicks off on the 3rd February 2018.
Matthew Treverton, Customer Account Manager, said: “I’m a huge fan of real ale so jumped at the opportunity to name Ei Group’s exclusive Woodforde’s Ale and be involved with the design of the pump clip. It’s been an absolute pleasure, I can’t wait to seethe finished clip and begin introducing our customers to the brand. I’m very proud to have my name displayed on the pump clip.”
‘Nice Try’ is an amber ale with an A.B.V. of 4.3%; it is citrusy on the nose with a spiced and fruity taste, and includes a mix of England’s finest Cascade hops with American Amarillo producing a fresh zesty flavour.
James Hughes, Woodforde’s Chief Executive, added: “It has been great fun working with Ei Group for this naming competition. Our congratulations go to Matthew. We wanted the sales teams to feel involved with the Woodforde’s beer made exclusively for all Ei Group pubs, and this competition has achieved just that. We look forward to seeing ‘Nice Try’ enjoyed in Ei Group pubs up and down the UK throughout the Championship.”
Matthew’s winning ‘Nice Try’ name was selected by the team at Woodforde’s. He also won a case of beer and an Amazon Alexa.
– Ends –
- Woodforde’s Brewery, rebranded earlier this year by linking with the legacy of Norfolk’s favourite son, and one of Britain’s greatest military heroes, Admiral Lord Nelson.
- Woodforde’s Brewery was founded in 1981 and operates from its brewery and pub site in the village of Woodbastwick, near Norwich.
- Woodforde’s Brewery is the largest brewer in Norfolk.
- The Brewery has won over fifty nationally recognized awards including two Champion Beers of Britain (Wherry and Norfolk Nog), as voted by CAMRA.
- Woodforde’s is one of only four brewers to have received this award twice.
- Of the 50 national awards 26 have been first place as well as winning an array of regional and categoryawards.
- Woodforde’s has two operational brew houses with a 30 barrel and 60 barrel capacity.
- There are six beers inthe core cask range: Wherry; Reedlighter; Nelson’s Revenge; Norada; Bure Gold and Norfolk Nog.
- There are five beers in the 2017 seasonal range: West Coast Wherry; Red Admiral; Tundra; Flagondy and Tinsel Toes.
- Wherry, Bure Gold, Nelson’s Revenge and Norfolk Nog are available in 500 ml bottles. Reedlighter and Norada are available in 330 ml bottles.
About Ei Group
Ei Group plc is the UK’s leading pub company, with some 4,600 pubs across England and Wales. Founded in 1991, Ei Group plc’s purpose is to use its scale and expertise to help great pubs prosper at the heart of local communities.
The Company has a proud heritage in leased and tenanted pubs that is being strengthened by a flexible new strategy. The reinvigoration of the leased and tenanted estate will go hand in hand with the rollout of enhanced managed and commercial divisions to ensure that each Ei Group pub will continue to thrive at the heart of its local community. Ei Group is embracing change to help its Publicans run great British pubs and deliver shared success for all those associated with Ei Group plc.
For further press information on Woodforde’s contact:
DDi: +44 1223 655743
M: +44 7958 989124
For further information on Ei Group contact:
T: 0121 272 5378 M: 07392 080869 Alice.Wilcox@eigroupplc.com