Wold Newton based Wold Top Brewery was shortlisted in the Remarkable Fayre category of the REYTAs (Remarkable East Yorkshire Tourism Awards) and was delighted to beat stiff competition from Mr Moo’s, Drewton’s, White Rabbit Chocolate Company, Manor Farm Beef and Three Little Pigs to take the title at a glittering ceremony at Hessle’s Country Park Inn last week.
Of the win, brewery owner Tom Mellor said; “Thanks to VHEY and David Hockney, East Yorkshire’s profile has been raised significantly and we’re very proud to have won this award in such an important year for the Yorkshire Wolds.”
Established in 2003, farm based Wold Top Brewery brews traditional real ale from home and Wolds grown malting barley, the finest hops and pure, chalk-filtered Wolds water. Its range of award winning ales is available through the website www.woldtopbrewery.co.uk, independent, family owned retailers, farm shops, delis, hotels, pubs and off licences throughout Yorkshire and further afield.
Photo: Tom Mellor toasts the brewery’s success Photo: Adam Fradgley
For more information or to arrange an interview with Tom or Gill Mellor, please contact Tracey Baty at three60 marketing on;
Direct line: 01430 871360
Mobile: 07971 961574
Notes to editors
- Wold Top Brewery was founded in 2003 out of a need to diversify from farming. For more information about the brewery, please visit www.woldtopbrewery.co.uk . In 2003 production was 100 gallons per week with no paid staff and in 2011, production is up to 2816 gallons with a paid staff of 11.
- For more information about the REYTAs please visit http://www.visithullandeastyorkshire.com/reyta-winner-2012.aspx
- The brewery’s unique selling points include home grown barley and the farm’s own source of chalk filtered water.
- Wold Top Brewery’s cask and bottled ales can be found in pubs and off licences throughout Yorkshire and Lincolnshire. Please call the brewery on 01723 892222 for an up-to-date list.
- The range includes Wold Top Beer, Wold Gold blonde beer, Headland Red, Anglers Reward and Wold Top Against the Grain gluten free beer.