- 25th Jun, 2019
- 3:30 pm - 8:30 pm
The Guild’s AGM is now set for Tuesday 25 June, from 6.30 – 8.30 pm. It will be held at The George, 77 Borough High St, London SE1 1NH. Thanks to Greene King for generously providing venue and beer.
This year, we are holding an additional event for our members before our AGM – a seminar entitled ‘Mould breakers – Standing out in a crowded market, from design to sustainability’. We know that first impressions count, especially when choosing from a selection we’ve never seen before. But beer has led the way in bringing a fresh aesthetic to drinks packaging. Where does the inspiration come from? How and why does it matter? How can breweries turn a rebrand to their advantage? And how important is sustainability when it comes to packaging? We hear from some of the most creative minds in the business. Speakers at the event include:
-Nanna Guldbaek, Art Director for Lervig on re-branding a modern craft brewery and her design process
– Pete Statham, Sustainability Communications Manager at Carlsberg on their new snap pack design and other sustainability initiatives
– Al Porter, Brand Manager at Carlsberg on their recent re-design of Carlsberg, from the beer to the branding and packaging
– Myles Pinfold, Founder of WPA Pinfold brand design agency on what breweries and consumers are looking for from a re-design
– Bob Trimm, Sales & Marketing Manager for Harvey’s Brewery on redesigning a traditional brand to fit in today’s modern beer landscape
– Joe Baldwin, Project 7 Business Development Manager from Stewart Brewery on their Project 7 series which recently won Best Concept Design at the SIBA BeerX awards
Members are welcome to join us for the seminar – starting at 3.30 – and the AGM, or for either event.
All members of the Guild are welcome to attend and hear from the Guild’s Board on achievements over the past year and plans for the future, meet fellow Guild members and network over a beer and refreshments. All FULL members are entitled to vote at the AGM, Associate and Corporate members are welcome to join us, but may not vote.