- 13th Jun, 2018
- 10:30 am - 4:30 pm
THIS EVENT IS NOW FULLY-SUBSCRIBED, IF Y OU ARE INTERESTED IN ATTENDING PLEASE EMAIL SECRETARY@BEERGUILD.CO.UK TO JOIN THE WAITING LIST
Beer and food matching is, thankfully, becoming more common throughout the land. But what’s the financial impact, how does it work, and could the trend spread further? We team up with the leaders in the field to give you the lowdown.
The one-day event is hosted by Wild Beer Co at their Wapping Wharf, Bristol restaurant. Putting theory into practice, they are serving a lunch of five dishes illustrating the five taste sensations, with co-founder Andrew Cooper and chef Matthew Young guiding us.
Our speakers are:
- Melissa Cole, beer and food expert and author of The Beer Kitchen: the art and science of cooking, and pairing, with beer, will talk on the principles of beer and food matching
- Fiona Beckett, food and drink writer, talks on the importance of seasonality
- Martin Booth, editor of Bristol 24/7, looks at why the city is such a hub for food and drink
- Justin Wylde of Matthew Clarke and a certified cicerone, explores the financial impact of beer and food matching
- Martyn Cornell, beer historian, provides a historical perspective on beer + food matching
The day will lead into an early evening guided Pub Walk led by beer writer Susanna Forbes around some of Bristol’s top beer haunts, as highlighted in Tim Webb’s recently published Bristol Craft Beer Map and taking including Moor Beer, where the Guild’s Brewer of the Year, Justin Hawke, will offer a tour of the brewery.
The event falls within Bristol Food Connections, a week-long city-wide celebration of food and drink.
Tickets, including five course lunch and beers, cost just £15 per head. To reserve a place, contact email@example.com
Note also that a special conference train fare is available from the Visit Bristol website. We will provide confirmation of your seminar attendance to support this preferential fare.
Preferential rates on overnight accommodation may also be available to guests wanting to stay on for the Pub Tour (or wanting to arrive the night before). Please let us know if this is of interest to you.