- 25th May, 2022
- 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
Online via Zoom
Cost: £30 pp (Guild members) | £55 pp (non members)
Improve Your Interview Skills
Presented by Adrian Seal, multimedia trainer with the National Council for the Training of Journalists (NCTJ) and former online and newspaper editor
With a specific emphasis on effective interviewing skills, your learning experience will include discussion, improving your communication and interviewing skills, face-to-face practice and how interviews can help improve your copy in both short and long form narratives.
Participants will learn:
- The key to good interviewing skills – preparation, structure, skills
- The art of good questioning and listening
- Interviewing chronology – beginning, middle and the end
- Different interview situations and scenarios
- What follow-up steps you can take
- Making sure you have the complete interview package
- Make sure you get the best possible story from your interview
- Face to face interview role play exercise and feedback
The session will feature selected examples of good interviewing skills and will include top tips from the expert host. Participants will be invited to submit questions in advance and as part of the session there will be a discussion and Q&A at the end. Slides will be made available after the session.
Adrian Seal is a senior journalism course leader and trainer, having worked at PA Training delivering NCTJ Diploma in Journalism courses. Prior to that he worked as a journalist for 25 years, holding senior editorial management positions with the UK’s leading newspaper publisher Reach plc. These included being responsible for a number of award winning regional titles and launching websites across the south of England.
Contact email@example.com with any questions.
Cancellation policy: the course fee is non-refundable if notice of cancellation is received fewer than 5 working days before the course